Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lao Ren Yuan

Ace has Lao Ren Yuan...

I mean he seems to have affinity with older people...

When walking in shopping malls or taking buses, old folks like to come up to him, smile to him, touch him... and he will usually smile back at them...

"See, I have affinity with him.. " the old uncle or aunty (usually aunties) will say.. and I will smile and nod because i have no heart to tell them tat he smiles at ALL old people...

However, he reserves special smiles for the old folks that he knows.. eg my two grandmas... his 2 grandfathers and grandmas... and also his GAN grandmas....

It helps also that he is at this stage in his developmnt where.. in my sister's words, "The fact that he can recognize you and give you a special smile makes it more shiok when you play with him..."

My grandma (his Laoma) for example, would see him.. play with him and when he flashes tat brilliant smile of his, she will start saying, "He knows me.. see... he knows me.. i havent seen him for a week but he recognizes me!!" And she will repeat it n times to whoever is willing to listen...

Even if Ace is not around.. if the topic of Ace comes up.. she will start the "He knows me.." saga all over again :)

His Nai Nai and Yeye are also very amused when they play with him.. like tat day.. he closed his eyes and gave such a look of contentment when they put their heads close to him that I think they must have melted N times that day...

Well, if I were them, I would melt too.. wouldnt you?:P

No comments: