Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bus Ride With Ace

I had to go to office in the afternoon that day and as I was travelling to Suntec, I thought it would be much easier to take a bus with Ace since I could alight right at the doorstep of suntec.

Anywayz, thought it would be a good and fun experience for Ace to travel on a bus since he hasnt done that before.

So with great big plans to teach Ace as many new words as I could point out and all excited we are going on the great BIG BUS RIDE JOURNEY, we headed off to the bus stop.

When we boarded the bus, I decided that since we were in a double decker, it would make more sense to actually go to the upper deck so that Ace could have a better view.

Up at the upper deck, I decided to choose a seat right in front of TV mobile since it would keep him entertained. I had no intention of holding on to a wriggling Ace for 45 minutes.

Anywayz, Ace was initially fascinated with TV mobile.. for like 3 minutes...

And then he got fascinated with the scenery and I was trying to point out things to him... like Waipo's house, a tree, the MRT, cars, bus stops...

BUT in less than 5 minutes, he was already snugly asleep in my arms.. wat a waste of the journey... there were so many more things I havent pointed out leh!

But well, sleeping Ace is better than wriggly Ace for the next 40 minutes or so.. ;)

My new problem was how to alight with sleeping Ace since I already took off the carrier.. in the end, I carried sleeping Ace over my shoulder, held on to the railings with my dear life with one hand and used the other to search for my EZ link card to swipe..

Guess my 'skills' werent too good..cos the bus driver had to pause at the bus stop to wait while I sat on the steps leading upwards the upper deck and tried to dig out the EZlink card cos I couldnt find it and bus was travelling fast.. and when I finally did find it, it wouldnt beep when i tapped it! sigh..

I shall be better prepared at the next bus trip! ;)

No comments: