Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Forgiveness



Since young, our parents tell us that it is good to be a forgiving person. They also say that it is good to be a GOOD person.

A good person has to always ask him/herself, “Am I right or am I wrong?”

Because we want so bad to be RIGHT all the time and we are so afraid to be WRONG.

But in actual fact, a good question to ask is not whether you are right or wrong but “What is the TRUTH?” Emotions will always change from time to time and so we feel differently about the same things after some time. Therefore, it is best to AIM AT THE TRUTH.

Someone asked me, “What if the Truth is not what I want?”

My answer, “If it is the TRUTH, then it will be what you truly want and it will be something that makes you and the people around you happy. Whatever you are feeling towards your situation now is just feelings and emotions which are not stable.”

Also, for a good person, when things go wrong, they are not supposed to point fingers. Because one finger pointing out is actually three other fingers pointing in…

So when things go wrong, we will ask ourselves, “What did I do wrong?”

A lot of people do that and I think that is fine. It is true we cannot change others and can only improve ourselves by knowing what we do wrong and do better the next time.

However, I think most people forget to forgive themselves after they discover where they go wrong. So after they discover that, they blame themselves and say to themselves, "Gosh, I am such a lousy person, I am so bad.."

When bad things happen to them, they also blame themselves, "Must be because I xxx, that is why they bully me...."

When we don’t forgive other people, I guess you could say we are investing time in making ourselves feel unhappy. But worse still, when you don’t forgive yourself, you make yourself even more unhappy.

That is why now whenever Ace does something wrong, I always tell him that I forgive him.

And it is strange. I think he reacts to forgiveness much better than threat.

When Waipo threatens not to “friend” him anymore if he bites her. He doesn’t really care and just continue to bite.

The other day, when Ace bit my leg, I told him, “Ace, I forgive you because I know you did not do this on purpose. But when you bite my leg, it is very painful. So can you stop biting me? If you bite me again, I will become angry…”

And true enough. He stopped after that.

So remember, to become truly happy, FORGIVE OTHERS and FORGIVE YOURSELF. Yes, it is difficult BUT it is also a CHOICE we can make ;)

And to my special friend who recieved the GIFT OF FORGIVENESS at POV. Do you you can help me by dropping a message in this post to send your gift to others who need it? Thanks!

I am committed to forgiving myself and all the people around me.
I am committed to my success and happiness.
I choose to recieve abundance at all times.

Previous post: Can Ace Talk?

No comments: