Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In Pursuit of HappYness

I have been in pursuit of HappYness ALL MY LIFE and because of this, I really could feel for this movie.

I jokingly told Max that if Veron asked me for a testimonial on POV, I would say this,"In the past, when my husband watch sentimental movies, he will cry. Usually, I come to this part, sit there, stare at him and wait for him to cry..."

"Now, after POV, all I need to do is to hold his hand and we would feel the same emotions and cry together..."

That's because while we were watching In Pursuit of HappYness, that is what happened. We were both so moved.. especially at the part when he FINALLY got the job. What an incredible man!

What touched me most that he was a fine example of a leader. Someone who was always ready to lend a helping hand no matter what situation he was in. Even when he had only a few dollars left to survive the rest of the month, he gave up his money. Even when he had no time, he gave up his time to help run errands.

Watching this after POV made me all the more realize that THE WAY OUT and the way to ACHIEVE that happiness is just this: To become a leader... someone who can hear cries for help and help all the people around you.

No matter what situtation you are in right now, just start giving. What goes around comes around. When you help others, somehow, your problems disappear by themselves.

I am glad that since Ace has been in my tummy, I have been telling him that he is a kind a helpful man who enjoys helping others.

He enjoys helping me pass things to Waipo.. he enjoys helping me throw things into the dustbin or the laundry basket... he also enjoys being co-operative with me when I ask him to please help me... he enjoys giving a helping hand to Denzel and giving him a hug when he falls down and he even enjoys comforting us adults when he sees that we are feeling down... :)

(Even when he is a little unwilling to help, I just tell him, "Please, please please help me.. please please please.. and eventually, he helps.. hahahah)

I will certainly continue to instill this into him by leading a good example.

Most of the time though, I think I am still self centred and selfish... I sometimes fall back into the trap of "Me, Me, Me..."

But now, i commit to become a LEADER ;) I know I can do it! Max told me tat when he met KP that day, KP shared with Grace and Abund that "If there is no Wan Joo to help me, I wouldnt have slimmed down, found a boyfriend and wouldnt be getting married now... without Wan Joo, there will be no me today.."

Gosh, thanks alot KP for reminding me that it really feels good to help others and for reminding me that my minute existence has really made a difference in other people's lives!

Well, here are some people who really made a difference to MY life! ;)


Previous Post: Ace can feed himself

No comments: