Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I am Daddy

Ace is starting to play make believe games.

The other day, he started to put boxes on his arms, his head and started walking like a robot and then he told me, "Mummy, I am robot!" and then after a while, he came to me and told me, "Mummy, robot wants to arhm... robot wants to drink water..."

But he caught me by a surprise the other day when he pointed to himself and told me, "This is Daddy", pointed to the big pink hello kitty on Ah Yee's bed and said, "This is mummy..." and pointed to the small white polar bear soft toy and said, "this is Ace. This is baby..."

"Oh! so you are a Daddy now Ace? So what do you do when you are a Daddy?"

"Erm..." he paused and thought for a while...

"Sayang baby.." he told me and then cuddled the bear in his arms and started to stroke the bear..

"What else does a Daddy do?" I asked him.

"Erm... Tickle baby! Hahaha" he giggled.

So that is how Ace sees his Daddy... as someone who loves his children and plays with him.

Two days later, while I was alone in the room with him, I asked him, "Ace, where is Daddy?"

"Neh!" he pointed to himself and so I continued to asked him where Mummy and Baby are and he pointed to the soft toys again.

"So what does a Daddy do?" I asked him.

"Hug hug!" he shouted out with a grin and ran forward to hug all the soft toys.. first the polar bear and then the kitty.

Children are so innocent and sweet! haha.... and I would say insightful too! Cos I feel that is really what just fathers need to do!

On the other hand, I also feel comforted that me and Max have done a good job in parenting Ace such that he has such a beautiful interpretation of fatherhood ;)

Previous Post: Training of the psychic powers

No comments: