Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Friend

Ace makes friends really easily.

Wherever he goes, whenever he sees a kid, he will go over to them and try to talk to them and try to play with them.

The other day, we were waiting in the Challenger Customer's Service Centre for Daddy to settle some things.

Ace was running here and there and when he saw a little kid who was about his age, he ran over and talked to the kid and asked him, "What is your name?"

And then he started talking to the kid, talking to his father, talking to his mother... as I was seated a distance away from him, the kid's mother was worried and asked him, "Where is your mummy? Does she know you are talking to strangers?"

And so Ace pointed at me.

"Your son is very friendly, " she told me when I walked over.

"So Ace, you busy making new friends?" I asked him and so Ace pointed to his new friend and told me, "New friend..."

I put Ace on my lap and told him, "we sit here and wait for Daddy, ok?"

"No, I want to go down. I want to play with new friend..." he wriggled out of my grasp and ran to his new friend. "New friend! New friend!" he shouted to his new friend.

"Ace, his name is not new friend. You have to ask him what is his name..." So Ace asked him what is his name.

Turned out that his new friend is called Nicholas. BUT Ace STILL insists on calling him new friend.

A few days later though, he was looking at some pictures and he pointed to a random little boy and told me, "Nicholas.. new friend..."

I think the face is not correct lah.. nevertheless, I am amazed at his very good memory for people's names. Atta boy!

Previous Post: Will Dance For Sweets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ace is very sociable. =)

My Prisca is very shy type when we are outside.