Monday, April 14, 2008

Why You Angry?

I read somewhere that when children turn 3, they will start to express their emotions and be curious about other people's emotions as well.

When I came back from Taiwan and Ace picked me up from the airport, he told me in the car, "I am so angry!" and he pursed his lips and folded his arms. "Why are you angry?" I asked him even though I knew it was probably due to the fact that I went to Taiwan without bringing him along.

I suspect though, that Daddy must have been feeling the same sort of anger as well.. HAHAHA...

And then I would kiss him and he would smile... after a while though, he would tell me he is angry and slowly, this developed into a ANGRY GAME.

He will say that he is angry, purse his lips and fold his arm and then I will say to him, "You are not handsome when you are angry..." and then he will laugh out loud... he finds this game amusing and keeps repeating it..

Slowly, however, it developed into a similar but different game.

Now, when he very free and very bored and nothing to do..he will come to me or his Daddy and say, "YOu angry.. you angry!"

That is his cue for us to pretend to be angry by sayin,g "I am angry!" Purse our lips and fold our arms.

Then he will run to you from wherever he is and kiss you and then together we do a V for VICTORY sign and say, "Happy Face!"

That happens when he is in a good mood.

But there are times when he gets really angry and then I will ask him, "Why are you angry.."

I was quite surprised when the other day, when I got angry, he came to me, tilted his head one side to look into my face and asked me, "Mummy, wei shen me sheng qi?" (Mummy, why are you angry?)

So I explained to him why I am angry and he asked me to "Bu yao sheng qi" (not be angry).

Few days later, he did something wrong and then I said, "Ace, stop that.." And he came to me and asked me, "Why are you angry?" And then I explained that I was not angry at him but I did not want him to do that because...blah blah blah...

Sometimes he comes to me on my grumpy days and ask me, "Why are you angry..." And I will tell him that I am having a bad day and explain why I was upset... most of the time he is really understanding and sometimes he sends you more kisses because of that.

It's great to have a kid and it's great to treat him like a best friend cos he treats you like his too!

No comments: