Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oi! You Move Leh!

The other day, my Dad bought some donuts for Ace to eat as breakfast... so my mum shared half a donut with him and being someone who has a sweet tooth, Ace enjoyed the treat tremendously ;)

In the evening, he pointed to a paper bag in the kitchen and told me that it is a Donut. "Mummy, can I eat the donut?"

I told him he had to eat his dinner first and he went on to finish his dinner in record time.

"Mummy, 我可以吃甜甜圈了吗?" He asked me right after dinner.

I told him he just finished his dinner and it was too soon to have a snack. "You look at the clock.. it is 7pm now... we wait for two hours... 9 o'clock you can eat your donut, ok?"


"Ok!" And he went on to play with his toys.

7.15pm.

"Mummy, 我可以吃甜甜圈了吗?"

"Ace, it is only 7.15... look at the click.. 9 o'clock and you can eat your donut..."

7.30pm

"Mummy, can I eat my donut?"

"Ace, now is only 7.30... you have to wait one and a half hours more till 9pm.. ok?"


8.15pm

"Mummy... I want my peanut.."

"It's a DONUT, Ace, not peanut... Anyway, now is only 8.15.. you must wait till 9 o'clock..."


8.30pm

"Oi! Why you never move! Oi! You move leh! You quickly move! Mummy, you see the clock cannot move!"



Turns out that the clock in the living room is somewhat spoilt. While the hour hand and the minute hand moves as per normal.. the second hand always gets stuck at the number '8' area and can't seem to move upwards and that got Ace really worried because it could mean it will never be 9 o'clock.

Ace's reaction was REALLY funny lor...


Strangely, he seemed to have given up hope after he discovered the second hand was not moving.. and stopped asking about when he could have his donut.


Finally, it was 9pm. "Ace, it is already 9pm!"


"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! 9pm already! I can eat my donut already!" Ace danced around the living room...


Alas, when we went to take out the plastic bag, we realized that the snack inside was not a donut but just a piece of bread... what a let down..


Luckily, Ace likes to eat bread.. so he didn't really mind it much and slurped it down :) hahaha


Previous Post: Lu Gou

No comments: