Monday, November 03, 2008

I Got No Pants To Wear

I don't know if I mentioned this.. but somewhere between 2.5 yrs old to 3 yrs old, Daddy taught Ace how to fold clothes and he has sort of been helping with this aspect of the housework at my mum's house sometimes...

But you know lah, children grows in phases and now that he is approaching three and a half, he is no longer interested to slowly fold clothes for you...

The other day, he was walking around the house in his pajamas set of T-shirt and long pants and suddenly, he walked into Waipo's room and close the door and became quiet for a long while...

"Go and see what mischieve he is up to.. dunno why he closed the door..." said Waipo to Waigong..

So Waigong went in and saw that Ace wearing a pair of shorts.

"Oi, why are you here and why did you close the door?" Waigong asked Ace.

"I don't want to wear long pants. I want to wear shorts." Ace replied as he neatly folded his long pants and PUTS THEM IN HIS CLOTHES DRAWER!

Wah, so clever ah! Now he change also MUST close the door.. hahaha...

"Aiyoh, this one is dirty already. Cannot put there...." So Waigong took it out and put it in one corner of the living room so that Popo can put it in the laundry basket later.

But before we knew it, he picked up the long pants and folded it neatly and put it back into the drawer. The best part is that when we took out the pants, it was really very nicely folded lor. He din like fold half half like we usually do for children's long pants.. he actually folded it seam to seam.. kind of like how it looks like when you send your pants to the laundry for ironing... I swear no one taught him how to learn that and I really dunno how and where he learnt it...

So when Waipo told me about this story when I reached home, I asked Ace why he folded his smelly pants and put it into the cupboard.

"Wait I got no pants to wear lor.." he said. Turned out that there were no more long pants in the drawer as they were all hanging on the clothes line... he thought he had no more long pants left and did not want to be pant-less for the night and so he folded the pants and put them in.. so that he will at least have one pair of pants to wear that night..

Hahahaha!

I think children have the strangest logic :) Nevertheless, I think Ace is well prepared and well trained... in this contigency planning aspect.. he probably takes after Daddy.. Mummy will wait till the night then see how.. hahaha;)

Previous Post: Oi! You Move Leh!

No comments: