Thursday, December 03, 2009

We Are Family


My son is getting real good at persuasion...

The other day, Max bought three gao deng kways and then i told Ace that we would share it. Since there are three, "Papa will take one, Mama take one and Ace take one..."

And Ace agreed... but after he finished his share, he wanted me to share with him.. "We are family right, Mummy, we should share...." he told me. I told him he already had his share and said, "But mummy, a family should share.. so you must share your gao deng kuay with me..."

A few days later, when we were having a meal in a restaurant, they put three pieces of dessert on our table and to counteract this possible scenerio, I told Ace that he can only start eating when all of us have finished our meal.

My very clever son still told me that we will share the dessert and just outright told us that he wanted two. "You share with papa.. we are family, we share..."

What a warped sense of sharing he has. "Well, Mummy really likes this dessert and I will not share with you.. so you eat your share.. there are 3 people and 3 pieces, so we get one each..'

"But we are family, you have to share with me..." he insisted... and in the end, Max offered to share with him and he was happy...

A few days later, he showed off his skill of persuasion again. We were eating lunch at my mum's place and we told Ace that he would be able to eat the KinderJoy chocolate only after he woke up from his nap.

He didn't listen to us and still opened it and said, "Too late.. I open it already..." And then he gave me a little bit of the chocolate and told me, "Next time when I big, I buy more KinderJoy for you ok, mummy?"

And then he fed his dad somemore chocolate and told me, "Next time I also buy Daddy more kinderJoy... you know why? Because I love you mah.... so you love me you should let me eat now mah.. right?" with a cheeky smile...

Buay tahan lor... He win lor!

Previous Post: I am MORE handsome

No comments: