Monday, October 24, 2011

Celebrating Gong Gong's BD Via Skype

20th Oct is Gong Gong's birthday... it is not the first time we did not get to celebrate together... but we definitely tried to celerbate together as often as we could... interestingly, the one celebration I remember most clearly now is the one we did in hospital when he was recovering from his stroke... that he could come to the garden to cut cake with us was a god given miracle...

And then once Ace was born, all of Gong Gong's birthdays just feel like.. well, Ace's birthday.. hahahaha...

Anyway, this year, is the first time that Ace is not going to celebrate together with Gong Gong.. and perhaps as the chinese say... "Every time got happy occasion you miss your family more.." So I think that Gong Gong was also missing Ace..

Ah Yee watsapp me and asked me if I wanted to skype since it was Gong Gong's birthday, and so we sang a birthday song to him in both english and chinese...

According to Ah Yee, afterward, Gong Gong super good mood liao so he went to open a bottle of red wine to drink... wahahahahahahahaha;)

But Popo was not at home and so they were waiting for her to come home before they cut the cake....

"I want to wait for Popo!" Ace declared and so we left the skype on even though Ace and me have already chatted with Zeng Popo and Gong Gong... so we left the skype on...

And then leh, Ah Yee lah.. watch tv dun watch tv... long time no disturb Ace so buttock very itchy.. and she start to disturb Ace...

"Wah... Ace, this year we bought a big big nice nice cake leh.. so nice.. and Ace cannot eat.. very good.. then Ah Yee can eat big big piece... aiyoh.. Ace so poor thing cannot eat the cake..."

As there are really not many bakaries found here and other than the hazlenut mouse cake, I have yet to find GOOD cakes here in dubai, cakes are like a luxury item for Ace... something he doesnt get to indulge in often even though he loves them... what is more, it is a big big creamy cake.. so he cannot tahan and started to throw a tantrum.... he got really upset and even went into the room to sulk...

So I scolded Ah Yee lah... make life difficult for me... And when Ah Yee found out that Ace is upset because he doesnt get to eat cakes here often, she decided to be nice and told Ace she will keep the cake in the fridge till he comes back to eat it...

I dunno if Ace understands that this is not possible lah.. cos by the time we go back sgp, the cake should already rot in the fridge lor.... but the fact that Ah Yee was willing to share made him happier and Popo came home and promised Ace to buy him a cake when he was back in Singapore... so his mood slowly turned good and he started getting cheeky:)


Then he said he had something to show Ah Yee and he used his macna doodle to draw this....

And later, he also wrote things like, "I want to eat BIG BIG cake,", "I love cake!"

Even when popo was finally free to talk to him.. all he wanted was to show her a drawing he did... and despite the "thing" in the corner not really resembling anything I can think of, Popo really understand her grandson lor.... one look at it and she said, "Oi, I want to talk to you lah.. and all you can think about is food... greedy Ace..." Just how did she realize that is a cake... I also dunno.. hahahahahahah...

Anyway, I also told Ace I will let him eat the chocolate pound cake we have in the fridge (which FYI tastes HORRIBLE to me.. I took one bite and swear I wun waste calories on it liao but Ace says is very yummy) later.

I wish we dun have to celebrate many birthdays via the internet before we can celebrate together again.....

Previous Post: Circuit Training With Ace

No comments: