Friday, October 28, 2011

Ice Kachang In Dubai!

The last time I came to Dubai, Max told me that someone brought him to this place where they had ice kachang... but try as we might, we just couldnt find the place because he merely remembers it being located in international city, but international city is huge and has got poor town planning and so we were just driving in circles without finding the place...

Then the other day, our friend Fayth told us it is at C10 block and by chance during our weekly chinese supermarket shopping, we discovered it is actually near the supermarket:) yipee! And so we decided we will come back another day for dessert:)



Initialy, I wanted to order an Ice Kachang but Max says that ice kachang is just ice... and suggested that I order a smoothie isntead.. which turns out though.. to taste more like yogurt ice cream type of iced dessert than the taiwanese shaved ice I was thinking about.. PLUS, it tastes better too!



The shop is very quaintly decorated.. i think probably by a woman.. who is rather artistic:)

This is the ice kachang I was lusting after...

This is wat we eventually ordered and it is yummylicious lor! the peanut they grind until so fine together with some sort of ice cream or wat lor... tastes heavenly!

The other one we ordered is the mango one...

That is Max and his very nice iced tea... apparently there are three other flavours for this smoothie and so we think we will come back and try them another time:)


Wah.. so nice ah?!

Max savouring the 'ice cream'....

Anyway, we were told there is a la mian place nearby and we went there for lunch... I din really like the lamian though.. but the fried brinjal and egg with tomato is good... the only thing is that we were too full and had to dabao the cold veg salad home....

The salad..after being out in the sun for quite a while smelled funny when I took it out of the box when I reached home. In fact, the smell of it made me want to vomit lor... but once you started eating, it was quite ok liao...

Max went out for a soccer game and a drink with his friends and when he came home, he decided to fry the cold veg and add an egg.. he says he turned out to be rather tasty.. wahahaha.. I din try lah.. cos I was toooo full by then to eat anymore after the buffet we had the day before:)

But I guess I dun mind going there again:)

PS: We also dabao the tomato fried egg tat we couldnt finish and for dinner, I just cooked noodles and added that in to make Ace a meal.. he loved it so much he asked me today if I could cook that again for him for dinner... sorry pal, I dunno how to cook like what they do...

Previous Post: Visiting Daddy's Office

No comments: