Friday, October 14, 2011

Goodbye Daddy


They say that if you practice something often enough, you get to do it well. But there are some things that no matter how many times you practise, you are just not going to feel well or do it well.. and one of these things is saying GOODBYE...

Max recieved news that he was going to have to leave us for 11 days as he has a project based in Seychelles. The make things worse, he will be away, when our friends are coming over to visit us for two days... he leaves on the exact day they that they arrive...

And that has put both me and Ace in an extremely foul mood for a number of days...

So as a result, Ace was whiney and crying over the smallest thing... Max is not quite used to it but I know he is always like tat some time before his dad leaves.. and worse when his dad does leave...

I tried to cheer him up and remind him that it is only 11 days... Ace is just upset because he says tat is 10 days too long.. he can only wait for his dad ONE DAY...

On the day that his dad was due to leave, our friends were arriving in town.. so we went to pick them up at the airport.. throughout the journey in the car, Ace cried and cried.. all the way till we reached the airport, he was still crying....

I explained to him that it is only a short time and if he cries, my friends would think they dun welcome him... Crying and sobbing, he told me, "I know... But I can't stop crying.." and continued to sob in my arms...

Max was at loss for words and I said it is good Max gets to deal with Ace's sadness when he is going away because most of the time.. in fact, all the time, I am the one dealing with it...

SO leh, his dad tried to take the focus away by promising to bring him out to eat ice cream:) That seemed to do the trick.. he quieten down after that... but too bad we couldnt find cheap ice cream so had to eat 22dirham ice cream for Coldstone Creamery.. wahahaha

That's him and his tear stained face and sore eyes...


Anyway, perhaps he cried too much.. so he went home.. slept.. and couldn't wake up when I tried to wake him in the morning... and because I slept at 3am (bz catching up and chatting with my friends who were staying over at my place), I was so tired and fell back asleep again.. thinking my alarm clock woul ring again in 5 min...

But the alarm din ring again!

The next time I woke, it was 7am already.. the school bus dunno go where liao lor... And no matter how I shake ace, he doesnt wake up... so I just went back to bed..

Ace finally woke at 9.30am and asked me "Mummy why it is so bright already and I still dun get to go to school?"

So leh, in the end, Ace didn't go to school for one day lor... Hahahahaha... But interestingly, he was more disappointed than happy that he had to miss school cos he really enjoys school here. According to him, school here is much better than SPG cos everyday no lessons.. just go the playground and play and play and play... wahahahaha...

Previous Post: Sushi!

No comments: