Saturday, December 14, 2013

Translation Confusion

Despite us putting time into practicing chinese... Ace still tends to translate literally...

The other day, he was doing his homework.. it is a homework where you are shown a picture and you have to write 5 sentences with the help of the helping words. He did it by himself and when he completed, I took a look and read the sentences...

It started out innocently enough....
我的爸爸参加了运动会。
他进了决赛。

This part start to scratch head a little...
每天爸爸认真的跑步。

This one made me burst out laughing... I had to translate in my mind from chinese to english to get what he is trying to say!
大天来了,爸爸有跑一百米,同时也有比三个人更快!

When I laughed aloud and asked him why he said "大天来了"..
"The big day arrived mah..." he replied..

PENGZ!

The other day, we were having another conversation.. and I asked Ace... now that he knows his mummy is so naggy.. always force him to do homework.. if he go back to the place where he can decide who to choose as his parents again, will he still choose me to be his mum...

"会的,我一定会..."

"为什么?" I asked him....

"因为你的包很好..."

Again you need to translate in your brain to english to understand... cos he means it is because my hugs are very good.. wahahahahahahhahahahhaha

His deng lang is "BERY GOODZ" lor... whaahhahaha.. very POWDERFUL! Wahahahaha...

PS: On a side note.. someone keep surprising me with the things he say and phrases he use now. The other day, we were talking about design and he told me...

"Design" is the little, beautiful things that make things come alive.."

Me: Wah.. so impressive ah.. where you hear tat from or learn tat from?
Ace: Nowhere, I came up with it myself...

Previous Post: Miley Cyrus Is Disgusting!

No comments: