Thursday, December 29, 2005

Got Kid Thousand Things Contented

There's a Chinese saying that says, "有子万事足". Loosely translated, it means "Got Kid Thousand Things Contented"...

Well, it is how parents always tell you that no matter how upset they are at work, how tired they are or how frustrated they are when they are outside... the moment they see their children and see him smile, it will feel like everything else is not important...

Today has been a heavy day... it didn't help that I slept late last nite and woke up rather early today to read my new book on coaching before Ace can wake up and disturb me.

After that, I was buzy writing articles for the blog, sending out pics of Ace to members of the Ace Admiration Club members and also taking care of Ace...

At nite, had consecutive 3 meetings... As the meetings were heavy, i left Ace in mummy's care... my gungho mother actually brought him to her religious meeting so I guess my son and my mum had some other meetings too...

As for my 3 meetings.. had one uplifting one that inspired me to strive for greater heights in 2006, one mundane one on some marketing stuff and one tiring one... which made me a little upset... cos my well-meaning intentions end up something else in other people's eyes... instead of helping her or making happy, it made her upset instead... oh well, I will try to improve on tat :)

I was also a little upset that someone told hubby that he said something that was not very nice and that it was not his usual self... call me protective... but well, I feel tat hubby is by nature a nice person.. but he aint god so his not very nice self usually happens when he is tired... (I should know.. i live with him leh..)

I am upset not so much that people 'criticized' my hubby.. I mean, we were talking about how we could all do better as a team and there can be no improvement with criticisms... more so.. i wonder if I could have helped hubby become happier, more relaxed.. and wonder if I have kind of neglected him with Ace around... (Hahah.. i think if he is reading this, he will say YES and say he wants to use his VOUCHERS..)

Well, i guess I am too tired lor.. energy is real low.. It's like.. hmm.. upset is too strong a word.. I just kind of feel disturbed lor... okie, I am talking in circles and it is 2.18am in the morning.. hahaha.. let's go back to the main point...

So when I came back.. I was not unhappy.. just perterbed and tired... but when I saw Ace and he smiled at me... like what my parent friends tell me... everything really seem to just melt away and dun seem to matter anymore!

I truly felt that "有子万事足"....

The conclusion? The fastest way to relieve stress is to seh kiah! Hahahaha....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey... fully agree with u! no matter how tired & stress out, a kid smile drives our unhappiness away.. haha