Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ace Purposely Qi Gek Me


"Ace purposely qi gek (made me angry) me you know.." my mum told me...

The other night, we were trying to make Ace sleep and so me and my mum lied down and waited for Ace to settle down. But he just WOULD NOT settle down and kept walking around the whole room.

"Fish, fish, fish.." Ace kept saying to himself as he walked.

"Good boy, Ace. That is great.. can you say, 'Yeye'? " I asked him.

"Yeye, yeye, yeye..."

"What about Nainai?"

"Nainai, nainai, nainai.."

"Cat?"

"Cat.. cat... cat..."

"Dog?"

"Dog, dog, dog.."

"Ball?"

"Ball, ball, ball..."

"Popo?"

Ace kept quiet.

"Mummy?"

Ace kept quiet.

"Mama?"

"Mah mah.. mah mah..."

I was happy for a moment and then I realized that he was calling Mah Mah.. which is my grandma.

My mum said, "Hiya, he is like that one lah. Usually no matter how I asked, he just would not call me. Only when he makes me angry and want me to forgive him then he use his sweet voice to call me. The other day, he bit me and I was so angry and so I went to bath.. he came outside the bathroom and kept calling me.. 'Popo....popo... waipo... waipo....' while banging on the door.."

For me, Ace only calls me when he is very upset and he needs help or hugs.

I wonder why Ace refused to call me or my mum... even though he also calls Ah Yee and Daddy. Is it because we do not love him enough? Or is he angry with us about something?

I am still searching for the answer...

PS: Update of Ace's new vocab of words-
Mama, Papa, Yeye, Nainai, Popo, Waigong, Ah Yee, Ball, Book, More, Fish, Dog, Cat, Kitty (as in Hello Kitty), Eat, Poot poot, Shhhhh, Yeah...

Previous Post: Ball

2 comments:

Choonbee said...

The photo with Ace and the 'Big Hammer' is very cute..

<*ANGEL*> said...

Haha.. tat one taken by his father at toys R us ;)