Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good Memory


The other day, I was sleeping happily when I suddenly heard Ace cry.

Since it was a weekend and Daddy had already woken up, I thought "Well, then let Daddy handle Ace... me will just continue to zzzz..."

And then Daddy woke up, played with Ace and said, "Ok Ace, Daddy bring you downstairs to play ball.. come, wear your shoes!"

So I happily dozed off to lalaland to discuss with Zhou Gong about yesterday's episodes of Happy Fish...

About half an hour later, I woke and realized that they are not back yet.

"Wah, must be having fun..." I thought to myself.

At this point, Daddy came home, came into the room and very angrily said to Ace, "Next time don't bring you out already... Waste Daddy's time... So hum chee (timid)... just sit there and do nothing..."

Turns out that Ace went to the playground, climbed up there and sat there for 30 minutes. Daddy asked him to come over, he dun want, he just sit there and dun move. And so Daddy let him sit there.

Then Daddy angrily walked into the toilet to shit.

At this moment, Ace climbed off our bed and looked underneath the bed.

Now, Ace does not look under our bed at all usually. So I was curious as to why he looked under the bed. And after he looked after the bed, he kept pointing towards that particular direction.

So, I was curious about what he was looking at. I looked under the bed and found Ace's soccer ball that Daddy bought for him from Toys R Us long time back.

Ace kept pointing to the ball and so I used and umbrella to hook it out from under the bed. Then we had a game of throw and catch in the living room and Ace was extremely active and excited.

So why did he remain passive at the playground? I thought for a long time and suddenly realized the answer... Cos Daddy could not find the ball and did not play ball with him! That is why he was unhappy and refused to play.

Now the strange thing is this. When I recall back, the reason why Daddy could not find the ball was becuase the ball has been under the bed for a long long time. About two weeks ago, Ace threw it under the bed and we just did not take it out.

So I suspect that as Ace was seated there for 30 minutes, he was actually thinking of where the ball is and trying to recall where it is. The most amazing thing is that he remembered it even though I had already forgotten!

And he indeed has a good memory. There were a few times I kept his toys away after playing and he would nap, wake and then go immediately to the place where I hid the toy to take it out.

Or sometimes I would lock the toy in my room and forget about it. Even though he does not make any noise when I hide the toy, he will keep pointing to the door. If I refuse to open it, he just goes and do his own thing.. until I FORGET and open the door and he will rush in to take the toy.

I think this boy is REALLY CLEVER! :) hahaha..

PS: As I was typing this and searching for the link of him and his soccer toy ball, Ace saw his own picture and asked me, "这个是我啊?"

Wah.. his language ability astounds me as well!

Previous Post: Full Of Love

No comments: