Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Mama, Wear Shoe!


What is happening to this world... since when did children start to dictate what their parents do!? :)

Just the other day, I forgot to bring my keys out when we went out for dinner.. as a result, we spent a good half an hour at the playground with Ace while waiting for someone to reach home and open the door.

Daddy was in a relaxed mood and so he took off his slippers and sat at the playground. When Ace saw that, he took off his shoes as well and then he turned to me and said,"Mama, tuo xie..." (Mama, take off your shoes..)

When I ignored him, he came and personally took off my shoes for me. And then he pulled my hand and told me, "Mama, zou..." (Mama, walk) and asked me to walk towards the slide. When I did not move, he pulled me even harder and commanded me in his most commanding voice, "Mama! Zou!"

And then I asked him to pull Daddy instead and Daddy distracted him by playing the bang bang game with him. So he started making his hand into a V sign and pointing it at Daddy and said, "bang..."

And so Daddy pretended to 'die' and then after banging a few times, Ace told Daddy, "Daddy, die diao.." (Daddy, you have to fall) and then he insisted that Daddy had to fall all the way till his arms and legs and head all flat on the floor... only when Daddy was in the position he was satisfied, he told Daddy, "Daddy! Don't move!"

After having his fun, he came to me and told me, "Mama, chuan xie" (Mama, wear shoes)

So I complained to Daddy. "Wah lau, the main point of having children is so that I can command them instead of being commanded mah.. wat is this world coming to.... now children tell parents what to do... hai...."

And Daddy just gave me a laugh and said, "Doesn't this remind you of someone you know?"

Gosh.. and I suddenly realized that it reminded me of my mum.... always telling me what to do.... and then.. i realized, it reminded me of ME... no wonder Ace doesnt want to follow our instructions sometimes.. I think he got sick of always being told what to do and when to do it.

Sigh.. really have to learn to trust and respect Ace.

I mean, think of it this way... how many days in your life do you tell your child, "Stop it!" "Eat your food!" "Stop playing!" "Don't touch this!" "Wear your shoes!" "Go and bath now!"

Because of what Ace did.. it really help me realize that I was doing this alot more often to him as well ;) I shall try to be understanding instead....

Previous Post: Ace's First Trip Overseas

No comments: