Friday, October 26, 2007

Mama, Xie Xie

Well, something happened that really brightened my day that day.

When I woke up, Ace was holding on to one of his toys and playing it on bed beside me. Seeing that he was happy by himself, I went back to bed.

Suddenly, he started to cry and kept pulling at my hand.

"Sun sun!" he said and he kept pulling my hand to touch the bed railings. I really did not understand what he was trying to say so I took my hands away. The moment I removed my hands, he cried louder and pulled it back to the railings again.

So I told him, "Ace ah... I don't understand what you are trying to say when you are crying. If you are sad and cry, mummy will be patient and wait for you to finish crying. But if you want something and cry while you say it, mummy cannot understand you, ok?"

He stopped crying immediately and said, "Ok."

And then he pointed to my hand and the railing and said, "Sun.."

I connected my heart with his heart and suddenly understood what he was saying. I looked into the hole between the railing and the wall and true enough, he had dropped the toy he was playing with. It was a pink, furry thing which looked like a sun. He dropped it and wanted me to pick it up for him.

I put my hand in and told him, "See, mummy's hand is not long enough so cannot pick it up..."

And he looked resigned to fate that it cannot be picked up.

After giving it some thought, I decided to go an extra mile and went to get an umbrella to hook the toy out. I hooked it out and passed to him and then walked out of the room thinking nothing of it as it was my 'duty' as a mother to help him....

"Mama, xie xie..."

I thought I heard wrongly... "huh?" I asked him...

So he ran out, bowed he head and told me, "Mama, xie xie!"

Wah... the sweetest words I have heard!

My Ace actually being able to express appreciation and thank me without anyone telling him to do it at 2 years old! All that POV exercise to forgive my parents and appreciate them more must be working!

PS: I said I will wait for him to finish crying because it is not good to hold back our feelings. Better to feel them and burn them off so they dun stay inside us ;) So next time your kid cries of throws a tantrum, cut them some slack and let them feel their feelings.. you dun want a zombie with no feelings or a good, nice but DEAD son or daughter do you?:P

Previous Post: Massage

No comments: