Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mid Autumn Festival Celebration

This year, our celebration was a quiet one. Waipo and Zhen popo bought some mooncakes, we cut it and ate them for tea. In the evening, Popo also brought Ace to the void deck to carry lantern.. alas, because it had been raining, there were not many children around and so Ace kept wanting to go home...

Ace had his fair share of celebration as well though... Ace's school had a mid autumn lantern party.. it was sooooooo crowded... and generally, it was a happy celebration for Ace as he loved sweet stuff like mooncakes...

When his teacher passed him his mooncake, he gobbled it up within a few minutes without sharing with me!

Too bad though that we arrived late.. we only managed to bring him around the school with his lantern.. according to my mum, the parents who arrived early got to watch their children perform.

Apparently, my 3 year old had no stage fright (unlike many kids in his class) and just happily sang and danced... seems that he even knew how to recite some chinese poem too!

Cool!

You can see the pictures of the party here...
http://verityy.multiply.com/photos/album/98/Aces_Lantern_Party_In_School#

Catch Ace's hand made lantern here... well, it is the last chance you will see it anyway... cos it got destroyed the moment he brought it home...

Anyway, I had a chat with Teacher Toh... Ace's form teacher.. she says that Ace is generally a very well behaved child in school.. just that he is a fun-loving soul.. sometimes when he is having fun, he forgets everything else...

"I hope you will understand.. sometimes I have so many children to take care of and if they are not disciplined, I will discipline them and sometimes I will raise my voice.." she said..

Haiyo.. this teacher is cute lah.. I also raise my voice at my son.. who am I to insist she cannot raise her voice at him?:) Most impt is we try not to lah.. anyway, to put the teacher at ease.. i told her I am not the SNAP... Sensitive new age parent that goes, "Why you hit my son... why you scold him..." I belong to the old school of thought.. while I think love is important... I think teachers have the right to do what they deem right to the children.. as long as they have a strong basis of love for the children.. I don't really care...

Anyway, I told her that most of the time, Ace doesn't really care if you scold him... "But sometimes he will cry..." she said..

"Orh... is like that one lah.. if you scold him and he cries.. usually it is because he knows he is at fault.. it is out of his own guilt... not because you scold him.. dun worry about it.." I told her..

I wonder how many parents are like me!?:) hahaha...

Previous Post: Master Of Persuasion and Motivation

No comments: