Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WHY?!


为什么?

That is like Ace's favourite catch phrase these days... Everything he also ask you "为什么 xxxx?" It is always 为什么this, 为什么that.

Different people, however have different reactions to this strange hobby of his. Yeye is very proud of it and says Ace is so clever that he can ask questions he cannot answer. And then he will tell his favourite story of how he told Ace his legs were painful and Ace started asking him 为什么?Why Yeye's leg is painful?

Because Yeye is old..

为什么?Why Yeye is old?

Because Yeye born earlier than you..

为什么?Why yeye born earlier..

You get the idea lah..

Sometimes when we go out, he will ask me questions like.. "What is this.." I tell him, "That is a truck.." And then he will ask, "为什么truck?" Usually I anyhow give him an answer related to the description of the thing involved because it is really difficult to answer this sort of question..

Now, he has already 'improved' and gone to a HIGHER level than before!

The other day he was being naughty cos he went to mess up the kitchen and threw the little corn ears all over the floor and so popo hit him.

"为什么?why you beat me?" He asked popo as he cried.. so Popo explained to him that that is a naughty behaviour.. blah blah blah.. "为什么?Why gong gong angry..." and so popo explain to him again... And that got him going...

He started to ask a whole slew of "为什么?Why cannot do this"... "为什么?Why cannot do that" sort of of questions.

Sometimes when I scold him, he will ask me, "Where is my Popo..." and cry.. and then when I say Popo is at home.. "为什么 Popo at home?" and continue to cry.. that really gets on my nerves sometimes..

But well, sometimes just to irritate him and make him blur, I will give a tit for a tat... Once he gets going and ask me "为什么?" I will give him and answer and then I will quickly ask, "为什么?" And then continue to answer.. like I pre-empt his next 3-4 questions and ask them myself instead and then he will give a blur look and stop asking so many questions...

Hahaha

PS: Max says that now that he is away so long and dun get to hear my constant chatter Ace's 101 WHYs... HE MISSES IT! hahaha....

Previous Post: 11:36

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kakaka, Mr. Why Why Boy...