Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ace's First Visit To The Doctor Pt 2

Here's Ace trying to pretend to be a monster with GREEN TEETH.

So we stopped at Daddy deciding to bring Ace to the doctor. His rational is that for most poeple, hearing their children cough like that, they would have warded him to hospital.



Ever leaning towards the holistic way to heal our body, I was not really for the idea because I saw the good bouts where Ace was not coughing so often, I also saw how he would often still be ACTIVE and HAPPY.. should he be really sick, both would not have been possible... but Daddy seem firm, so I gave in lor.


Initially, Ace cried and cried when he heard that because he thought the doctor would give him an injection and so Max told him he would find a doctor who would give him a sweet. "Really? The doctor will give me a sweet?" Ace smiled and asked his Daddy almost instantly... an instant switchover from his pitiful crying..

So we looked for a kids clinic and brought him there. The clinic had some nice toys in it and Ace was really happy to be there. There was a firetruck.. those bigs ones he can sit in and drive.. and a house... and some ikea toys..

As this was his first visit to the doctor, he seemed really excited because he dad told him that he would be able to see what a real doctor would do.

While we were waiting for our turn outside, we discussed with Ace what we would do when we saw the doctor and what he should say to the doctor. We came up with a list of things he should ask the doctor when he saw her:

  1. Ask the doctor why she wanted to become a doctor

  2. Ask the doctor for a chance to listen to the stethescope

  3. Say "I'm fine, thank you.." when the doctor ask him how is he

  4. Ask the doctor for a sweet if doctor does not give it to him

Alas, once Ace saw the doctor, all he could do was SMILE at her sweetly and say goodbye at the end when she finally finished and gave him two little biscuits as a treat.

Anyway, the darn trip cost $87+! And we ended up with a list of useless things..

Eg, eyedrops cos the doctor said the eye secretions were due to infection. Harlow.. infection means whether he sleeps or not, it will come out right? But it only happens when he sleeps and even if it is an infection, I can just use KV6 water or my miracle Eumora bar... Totally useless!

And then there was this fever medication for children... Please lah.. just take NMA and fever will go liao lor... at worst do the wet towel thingy and it will ALSO be gone. If not, use the Eumora bar also known to lower fever.. Totally useless!

Then there was also a cough syrup and a runny nose syrup which were the only things Max and I decided to give Ace in hope that he wouldn't cough so badly and could feel better. But alas, I think from the looks of things, the cough syrup did seem to alleviate the condition but it could also be due to the fact that he was already on the way to recovery.

Anyway, the conclusion was that it was a viral infection. No wonder it took so bloody long.. in my experience, a totally natural approach to fight a viral infection would take 4-7 days to recover... after 4 days to see improvement, next three days to see full recovery...

But well, the service there was good lah, they even gave Ace a nice colouring book and the doctor told me she would not give Ace any antibiotics cos she checked everything else like his lungs and all that and everything was fine.

I told Max that he probably paid all that money just to hear the doctor say that... hahahaha :) "He is fine..." maybe Ace should really work on being a doctor when he grows up.. haha. Say three words earn $80 leh. But then again, my bar business allows people to earn a few thousand dollars within a few hours... So I guess, it is still BETTER to take over my biz...

Anyway, my son must be the only person I know who likes to take medication. WHen he got home, we made him take the cough and running nose syrup and he did a ribena ad thingy and went, "mmmm... GOOD!"

I guess it is cos it is sweet lah..

Anyway, I asked doctor about why Ace's tongue seems to have patches that turned red. She said that is called a geographic tongue and there is no cure and it is usually painless so there is nothing to do about it.

When I came home, I did a check about it and realized that western doctors really just thought of it as a tongue disease that seemed to firstly be related to allergies (allergies are related to the liver as well.) and it is just some genetic thingy that happens. Some even claimed it means that there are things about the body that require treatment.

But I also found some documentation that cites that chinese physicians think of it as a reflection of the body's warning signal as the size, colour and localization of the tongue tells the doctor which part of the body is failing and true enough, when I checked, the parts that Ace had geographic tongue are the parts that refer to both the LIVER and the lungs.

And there was an article that indicated that it usually reflects that the person might besuffering from flu and some other problems.

Well, even though I am probably not as smart as a doctor, I think after this episode, I still subscribe more to my own understanding about holistic health. I will take the stand of healing the body naturally as far as possible.

PS: I have discovered that when Ace goes into his coughing fits, applying the Eumora bar on his chest and throat helps to alleviate him from these symptoms. My guess is that he will help his chest and throat relax and thus make him less prone to coughing. Other than that, sending love to his chest area also helped to alleviate the coughing.

No comments: