Monday, June 15, 2009

Mummy, I am so angry!

Ace actually is a very expressive little boy.
Just that my only complain is that he gets angry easily. For the smallest things, he would fold his arm, show an angry look and get angry. After alot of careful explaination, encouragement and education, the phase passes...

But everytime me and max goes overseas without bringing him along, he would get really grumpy and get angry easily for the next 3, 4 days.. sometimes it lasts up to a week.

The other day, after Sakae sushi with his god parents, we decided to walk around. He saw ice cream and wanted to eat ice cream but I told him that we would eat later. Alas, we forgot about the ice cream until we were in the car...

"Mummy, we forgot to eat the ice cream!" he exclaimed.

I told him he would eat another day and then he started crossing his arms and telling me, "I am angry with you, Mama..."

And then I asked him what he was angry at.. suddenly he exclaimed. "You always go penang! Humph!"

And then I explained to him why I could not bring him along with me to penang.. because we went to Penang to my coach's new house in penang...

But he was still angry and so I told him I would not talk to him till he decided not to be angry.

And then he got even more angry. "I give you a chance ah.. is this the right thing to do?" He asked me. Probably he wanted me to pacify him.

And so I told him i already explained nicely to him why I cannot bring him to penang and if he still choose to stay angry, I would not want to talk to him becuase I don't like to talk to grumpy people.

And then he kept very quiet and I kept very quiet.

And suddenly, he changed tactic and told me, "I am so cold.."

I asked him if he wanted me to hug him and he nodded his head and so I put my arms around him to keep him warm.. after 2 min, he told me, "Mummy, because you hug me, I not angry with you anymore..."

"That's good... " i told him and asked him again why he was so angry.. cos I already explained to him why we could not bring him to penang earlier on and he already agreed that it was ok. "I angry because you forgot to let me eat the ice cream..."

Well, I am really pleased my son is so aware of his emotions and feelings..

Only thing though is everytime he gets upset, he forgets his manners and becomes really rude. According to nainai, the other day, she brought him to the market and someone passed her an important piece of paper. Ace wanted to take the paper and she did not want to pass to him and so Ace told her he was angry with her and then twisted her hand, got upset and ran away. So Nainai stared at him to warn him not to misbehave and then he told her, "看什么看!"

When Nainai told me this, I explained to Ace that it is rude to do that and it is not a smile and move thing to do... so I got him to say sorry to Nainai.. which he promptly did.. Good boy, Ace. Stay nice and happy, will you?

PS: I read somewhere that children this age will tend to talk rudely.. I wonder why...

Previous Post: Frog Sushi

No comments: