Saturday, November 07, 2009

I Want To Take Care Of You



When I was talking to Ace about Uncle James and his children, Ace asked me why his children were far far away....

I told him I am not sure of the reason.. but sometimes when children grow up, they leave their parents and go to far far away places....

I then asked him if he wanted to leave me and his daddy when he grows up...

"Yes, I will leave the house when i grow up..."

"But if you go too far away, it will be difficult for us to take care of each other. Don't go too far ok?" I told him...

"So do you prefer to go far far away or do you want to stay close to take care of daddy and mummy?"

"I want to take care of you.. " he said, while nodding his head earnestly.. ah, makes my heart tingle and go warm all over.. even though I dun expect my children to take care of me and stay with me, I think it is nice for a family to be together in the same country and meet up often... and of cos, it feels good that Ace says he wants to take care of me lah...

Another day, he was playing with the Aeroplane that Ah Yee bought for him and he told me that Martian Manhunter Mc Donalds toy was the Daddy and the Doraemon was the mummy.. the pilot and the co-pilot are the gor gor and jie jie...

And he was carrying the aeroplane adn running around the whole living room.... I think the whole family is going on some sort of holiday cos Ace would stop the plane and announce that it is Malaysia.. and then they would start "flying" and go China.

Then all of a sudden, he took out the "Daddy" and "Mummy" and threw them out of the plane and said, "Oh, they throw away the daddy mummy and go away... cos they grow up already so throw away the daddy mummy.. dun want them anymore..."

When I heard this, I turned around and asked him, "Ace, does that mean that next time when you grow up, you will also throw us away?"

"No no no no... ok, Daddy and mummy come back and be together with the family..." and he continued the game with the family together...

I hope he will still remember to keep the family together when he grows up :)

I say this because so many people around me are either sick or hospitalized.. and my grandma is one of the luckiest amongst them because she has us around her to take care of her. At the same time, all the running around because of my grandma has made me appreciate having extra pairs of hands around... I look at those people who are sick without family support and I really pity them because I understand how tough it is to have to take care of EVERYTHING all by themselves because there is just no one around to share the burden...

So I think it is so important for a family to stay near eachotehr and evenmore important is for the family to really bond with each other. Families whostay near but have got no bonding dun mean a thing as well...

Let's hope Ace will understand and learn this...

Previous Post: Sweet Things In Life

No comments: