Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ace, The Sushi Chef!

Ace was having a term break and just so as to entertain him and to let him have a healthy meal, we decided to make sushi together!

When Ganma Annie heard my complains about how the sushi here sucks, when she came visiting, she brought with her lots of sushi vinegar powder and lots of japanese seaweed:)

Because of our overwhelming priority with the noodles and all the CNY foods... we havent been able to start making sushi yet and this seems like a great time to start...

Staring at the foods I have in the fridge, I decided to just make do with carrots, cucumbers, mayonnaise and jap sweet egg inside the sushi roll:)

First roll as a test out... taste test passed!



"It's good, mummy!"

Second roll is a little better.. but because I dun have those bamboo sheets used for sushi roll.. the things inside look messy but wat the heck, taste good can liao:)


Now Ace the sushi chef is going to start work:) Step one spread the rice.. next, break the carrots and place them in...


Place in the cucumbers next:)


Add mayo, more carrots, egg and cucumbers... and ROLL:)

Put into your mouth and chew!

Yums!

After max ate one of our sushi rolls, he is now very excited whenever I tell him that we are going to have sushi that day:) wahahaha...

I am still thinking if I should buy the sushi bamboo roll but I guess not. If i can do this without the roll, then I dun think i need the roll.. hehehe..

As I was dreading wat to do when my vinegar powder finish, I realize tat the seaweed sheet has a receipe tat is just nice for the amt of sushi rice tat I make and so I think it will be easier to follow tat receipe instead of trying to divide the receipes tat my frens have given me for larger amts of sushi rice:)

Anyway, after the noodles are done, we can have sushi more often.. Yipee!:)

Previous Post: Noodles Everyday!

No comments: