Saturday, February 11, 2012

Noodles Everyday!

I am very thankful that Ace is not very picky when it comes to food.

Most of the time, I try to give him a choice or let him make a decision about what he wants to eat... but sometimes when I cannot help it, I just cook whatever I want and he still eats it without complaining...

This month is one of those months where he doesnt really get a say about what he wants to eat for dinner and the reason is the Noodle Maniac, Max Chua.

During CNY, when we went back to Singapore, Max was given the task of shopping for food to buy back to Dubai. As I was out with friends, he went ahead and did the shopping alone. And because he saw some noodles, he bought like some yellow noodles and some chor bee hoon, kway tiao and some dao pok too.. so when we came back to Dubai, we started cooking these noodles and find tat they smell and taste heavenly...

A week or two after we came back to Dubai, Max had to go to Singapore for work again and so, he went shopping again. But this time, our good fren sort of over did it and came home with 2 packets of yellow Hong Kong Noodles, two big pkts of chor bee hoon, 2 pkts of kway tiao, 2 pkts of yellow noodles, 3 packets of you mee (ban mian type) PLUS lots of dunno wat sauce and 2 rolls of chai tow kway....

When i saw the amt of noodles he brought home, I nearly fainted!

As a result of that, we have been having noodles almost every single day for dinner because these noodles have got an expiry:( But on the plus side, from someone who doesnt know how to fry noodles, I have become a NOODLE EXPERT already....

Here are some samples from our daily fare...



I found out tat fried prawn noodles and char kway tiao is actually quite easy to make:)


I din take pics but I also made ban mian and fried you mee cos our good fren also bought a few packets of those as he remembered that i liked them.. not knowing tat they are actually sold in Dubai too;)

THIS is one of the rare dinners we had at home tat was NONE noodle... veg fish curry tat my mum bought for me.. nice!

Anyway, on a side note, Ace also experimenting with making food.. wahaha.. here is his play doh cake and play doh dumplings.. I am very impressed with the dumplings cos they look quite like the real thing:)

Also, my Happy Call Pan came and out of curiosity, I made these chocolate rolls just to try it out.. not too bad.. Inspired by the chocolate rolls, I got inspired to make japanese sweet egg roll for Ace as a snack:)

Of course to break the monotony of noodles everyday, we also managed to bring back some lou hei and had lou hei salads twice this month:)

We found frozen burdock being sold in carrefour and grabbed a packets cos we were just talking about how we miss the burdock salad in Waraku.. This one is Chua family's burdock salad.. my own anyhow mix receipe... (Special thanks to Ganma Seokling for buying us the sesame japanese sauce tat I cannot find here... almost all gone liao:( Hai....) Tastes GOOD:)


Oh yes, we also bought burger patty to make homemade Mac Donalds Burger Happy Meal so tat Ace wun keep asking for Mac Donalds.. hehehe.. Just tat i din hav burger bread... fries fried with happy call pan with less oil.. not bad lah..:)

Anyway, just to give you an idea of how overwhelming the noodles are.... Just FYI, it has been 3 weeks since Max came home from his work trip to Singapore and I I think I still have enough noodles left inside my fridge to last me another 1-2 more weeks.. HELP! This is really bad for the waistline as rice is a much better carbo option compared to noodles when it comes to weight loss...

I think i am going to not cook noodles for a little while after this bout of NOODLE MANIA:)

Previous Post:Flowers Galore!

No comments: