Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dino Live At Dubai Festival City

In 2010, when I visited Max in Dubai, I saw this DINO LIVE thingy... which I tot is a performance about dinosaurs... and since it has been appearing pretty often on groupon and cobone deal, I tot maybe we could give it a try...

When we were touring in China, I had chanced about one of the deals but by the time max has internet access, he forgot to buy the deal.. by the time he remembered, the deal was already over... so we missed it.. till recently, the groupon deal came back again...

We bought tickets for three and decided to visit it one afternoon... after searching for the location for a really long time, we finally found it! That is Ace pretending to be a dino:)

Our tickets came with free photo... so Ace is climbing up this ferocious-looking T-Rex for a picture...


Up close, the T-Rex does look quite scary..

Our tickets also came with a cup of special juice.. it is just orange juice with ice and my son had like a full whole cup by himself and taxed on ours.. in the end, he developed a cough the next day lor...

Our tickets even included a 3D show and a educational movie. They said the 3D show costs 20aed.. bull shit man.. they just set this up to con people to buying the groupon for it i think.. cos hor, the  "cinema" is just a room with many small plastic chairs and then they just keep showing both the educational movie and the 3D movie in a loop.. the diff hor is just tat if you pay the 20 bucks, they give you these lousy 3D glasses which are made of paper and one side red, one side blue...  There isnt any one at the door. you go in and go out as and when you like.. no show timings also... hahahah...

But I did learn a thing or two watching the movie.. For instance, did you know tat scientists believe that the ancestors of birds were DINOSAURS! My god! How can such SMALL creatures have such huge ancestors.. makes me wonder if BIG FOOT is also our ancestor.. hahahahahahah

This is a herbivorous dino.. dun ask me what is his or her name please..

Ace was so frightened of the dino he did not dare to take pics with them at all.. so i take pic of myself lor:) hahahahahahahaha

This one hell of a tall dino lor.. I really wonder how such homongous creatures can just disappear.. I wonder where dinos fit in the theory of oneness tat I lean towards in terms of my view of how the world is...


These are not so friendly meat eaters...


The dino has this thing on it's head... scientist initially do not know what it is... after much research, they found out that it acts as a horn to give out warning sounds to the herd... so using the shape of this thing on the head, they actually are able to simulate how these dinos sound like. but whether the other dinos "talk", no one knows...


The biggest herbivoures dinos.. their huge size is their protection and they have super long tails tat are super strong so that they can swipe their enemies and push them away...

Crazy Max trying to share a popcorn with one of the baby dinos..


Max: Would you like some popcorn? This popcorn tat came with our tickets tastes like shit.. I would appreciate very much if you would help me finish them...


This one is probably where birds came from...

This mean dino is HUGE.. I mean huge..

It is literally towering over us.. if human beings were around during tat period, i think we will all certainly be dead! How to outrun and outfight  this monster?




Dino skeletons..

Did you know tat if we stood against tat herbivorous dino and stood next to it's bones, we will at best come up to its knee!






Please dun eat me!??!!

Ace still din dare to go near the dino to take pics.. actually even i was a little frightened to go too near.. hahaha:)


Boo hoo hoo.. the movie sort of sucks...




These are the photos they took.. but super lousy lor.. the focus is somehow on the right corner and so everything else is blur one.. fucked up. I wanted to ask them to retake and reprint but Max say nevermind.. totally fucked up..

Not exactly a waste of money since I learnt something and it was quite interesting.. but only 20+ dinos to see and I just feel everything could be better organized.. cos the man who take photo is the same man who collect tickets, act as cashier etc etc etc.. If dunno how to use the high tech digital camera then hor, set to auto mode lah.. sure wun go wrong.. dun geh kiang.... hai...


But I would NEVER go again..tat is for sure...

But if you havent been there and want to go... erm.. wait for the groupon deal.. if not, dun bother.. wahahaha.. actually, come to think of it.. just DUN BOTHER... see my pictures good enough liao.. wahahahahaha:)

Previous Post: I Am Not A Good Kisser!

No comments: