Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yesterday


Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half to man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday...


I found my son singing this song while doing his Chinese homework that I gave him yesterday... I was so surprised to hear him sing this song and he actually got the lyrics right! Just that he was a little out of tune here and there...But this, to me, is a lao uncle song.. wahahahaha...

"Ace, where did you learn this song from?" I asked him..

"Mr Malanga (his music teacher who looks like Santa Claus) taught me.." he replied and continued singing... and after he is done, he asked me.. "Mummy , do you know The Beatles? Mr Malanga taught us many songs from the Beatles.. I love all the songs from the beatles!" he declared.

I nearly burst out laughing! Wahahaaha... my son's fav song is a song not even from my era lor! Lao uncle taste he has...

For me hor, I learnt about this song only when I turned 9 and joined this Fife and Drum Corp called Koteketai (aka Angels of Peace).. and we had to learn to play this song.. as i liked the song, I practiced it well.. it is one of the songs I play best using my Fife:)

When Max came home and I told him about it.. Max was surprised lor.. cos Max din even know wat song this is! hahaha..

And since we were on singing and songs, Ace told me that he heard this song in Daddy's car and he tried to sing it for me, "Bye.. bye, miss american pie.." And then I started singing with him and he looked at me in shock and asked me, "Mummy, how come you also know this song? Why you know all the songs I know?"

My dear, it is because mummy has been on earth much longer time than you have and have been listening to music much longer than you have... wahahahhaah.. but there will come a time, I suppose that Ace will reach this age where he will listen to song I havent heard of before..

Maybe then he can teach me how to sing..

Anyway, he requested that I download a whole list of songs that he likes into Daddy's playlist in the car so that he can listen on his way to school. Wahahaha.. I guess in that case it is good he has lao uncle taste in music cos at least the music he wants to listen to, Daddy can enjoy too:)

Previous Post: Dino Live At Dubai Festival City


No comments: