Thursday, February 07, 2013

Camp@Home 2013

When I told Ace there was a Camp@Home again... he was like "I want to go, I want to go, I want to go!" So we signed him up lor.. but as he was returning camper.. it was pending whether there will be enough seats for him.. lucky enough for him.. there were:)

Taking into consideration that there were quite a few returning campers, they actually did some different things this time round.. which was great.. and as Ace is older now, he is able to retain more of the info he learns too...


The children were divided up into groups based on age and Ace was with the 7-8 year olds... On his first day he met a little boy who kept hiding his stuff and teasing him.. so he says he is being bullied.. but i think the boy meant it in good fun lah..

He said though that this time round, there was a boy in his group who studied chinese only in China and so while he can speak english, he is unable to read in english and so Ace has to help him.....

Ace in his favourite Queenstown Primary school.. assembly.. he says that this time round, the primary two work is much more difficult and he is having second thoughts about going to school during our summer vacation back home to Singapore this year:) wahhaahaha

They went to an indian heritage cultural village and Ace was given this flower garland.. Ace kept saying that he was the only one who got it and was so happy.. actually, I found out later that it was because no one else wanted it... except for my little garang guni:)

This time round, Ace also did Henna painting.. and he did intricate design instead of simple sun:) Good to see he is more adventurous..


Ace says though tat the favourite part of his camp is that they got to make ICE KACHANG by themselves:)


These are all returning campers:)


The very happy Ace with his free ice cream!:)

On a side note, according to Ace, there are many shots of him going around Singapore because "The photographer is my friend..." So I asked him why the photographer is his friend... "Because I know his name lah... his name is William.. and he is young like shu shu..." Wahaahahahaha.. like tat also can.. win already...

Ace at the graduation ceremony and we noticed that he was playing the girls... which is new.. he usually only plays with boys...

ME and Max acting cute while waiting for Ace:)

Even though the camp was totally enjoyable for Ace, it was really tough on me.. first day, we dropped him off, I had to wait for him to end.. so to wait for him, I hang around town and ran errands, met up with friends.. in the course of the 8 hours he was at camp, I was caught in the rain... made dry by aircon... caught in the rain, made dry by aircon a total of 5 times.. did not help that I was carrying a heavy load of books that we had bought while Max happily went off to meet his friends empty handed! But of course it was also because it started to rain and we had change of plans..initially I was suppose to go home one.. end up I had to be the one fetching Ace..

By day two, I was sick already lor... Max dropped him off in the morning and I stayed at home to rest but had to pick him up again and by the time I finally felt better, I kenna the rain again.. I WISH IT WOULD STOP RAINING LOR...  sigh..






Anyway, when Ace finally graduated from the camp and we needed send him to camp anymore.. me and max heave a sigh of relief.. Because of the camp though, Ace did not have much free time and so, he did not manage to meet up with all his kindergarten friends at all even though he missed them too...








Will Ace want to join Camp@Home again this coming summer hols.. YOU BET:) But I might want to take a break!:) wahahahahahahahha...

Previous Post: Waraku Again!

No comments: