Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CNY Visitation

This CNY was a total mad rush... We were just visiting here and visiting there non stop.. so much so that when I finally got on the plane to go back to Dubai, I zzzz all the way on the plane and for two days afterwards, the only thing I could do was zzzzz and nothing else!:)

The new year kick started with a big bang when my grandma did her famous fried niangao;) Eat already will get promoted and grow taller:) wahahahah

My mum supplemented it with some fried roti with veg otah..

That is my mum counting her money and packing her red packets.. sigh.. so envy her and my sis.. whole day sit at home for first day of new year..

For me, early morning is visiting all of Max's relatives...  Standard to visit three places in the morning and by the time we are done, it is already afternoon lor...

Then go home, rest a little bit and will be out to my in law's place for their traditional chu yi party... usually will stay till 12 mid night at least one...

Before I had to go about the day, I was dreading it... because always feel very tired afterward...

But then again, when I was actually doing it, I actually had fun and enjoyed getting together with these people whom I only see one a year...

Anyway, I think this is generation gap lor.. last time when we gather together at parties or during CNY, we play games together and run around.. nowadays, children gather together to play ipad lor:)



When all the kids left, only Ace's cousin, N was left.. so they played  some new game they invented.. the stick a comic book at the end of the fish tank and then ask the fish to go and read the comic book.. pengz!

Day two of new year also bz bz bz bz...

Early morning.. time to visit Max's mum side relatives.. and afterward, it is time for my Peng family tradition in my grandma's house...

















This year, other than the Lou Hei, it was rather subdued... all the kids were so quiet.. usually it was very noisy.. so I was a little surprised when I stepped in.. later I found out why.... most of them were playing with their Note 2, PSP, iphone or ipad... so that is why very quiet...

And because everyone was playing with their gadget, no one wanted to play with Ace and so he was really upset...

On our way to Max's friend's house afterwards, Ace declared that these technology gadgets totally ruined his life and so when he becomes president or prime minster of Singapore.. he is going to ban them.. wahahahahha:)

Then we went to Max's friend's house.. finally when the friend's son woke up, Ace had someone to play with:)

Then we went for another gathering where Ace met up with some of his favourite grown up friends like Jon, Kerr, etc... and there he played cops and robbers with the real cop- Kerr and even tried to teach Kerr how to be a policeman!:)

Wednesday is the most happening day of all..  for lunch, we gathered at a friend's house...

Ace having fun at the swing that we saw on our way to our next "appointment"..










Next, we went to my friend's house for gathering.. MORE FOOD.. while the boys did Oppa Gangnam Style on Kinect and play with LEGO:)















After that, yet another gathering to celebrate my bestie's birthday...









Day 4, we were a little more relaxed to recover from the running around.. phew...



Anyway, too bz this CNY to take much pictures and this is the only picture of us that we took:)

Previous Post: Valentine's Day 2013



No comments: