Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Visit To The LIbrary

Because we were staying at home so much... and sometimes when I am not working, I don't want to travel too far.. and also because I wanted to find something else for Ace to do other than watching cartoons on youtube on my ipad, I decided to bring Ace to the library whenever I had the chance.

Because if you borrowed 8 books, you can use the receipt to exchange for a sticker and Ace wanted to collect the sticker set as they had a sticker from the Army, one from the Navy and one from the Air Force... so Ace was also always excited to borrow books from the library...

Anyway, one of the trips, he said he wanted to find a particular book and so I asked him to search for it himself using the library's system... without my help :) wahahaha...

I found that my son is not so tech savy leh... Usually after you have been around computers alot.. it is instinctive what you have to do, where you have to click and where to type... but in the end, I still had to help Ace.

Not bad lah, in the end found the book he wanted.. with my help.. wahahaha.. our good friend remembered the title wrongly and that was why he couldnt find it.. had to refer to our borrowing list from the last time to check out the correct title (because he wanted books in the same series) before we found it...

I so miss the library in Singapore. We dun have any decent libraries here in Dubai and our only option are those bookstores where you can RENT a book and even though that is cheaper than buying a new book, i tis still not as cheap as a FREE book from the national library. The children in Singapore are blessed indeed!

Previous Post: Science Centre Trip 2

No comments: