Monday, August 26, 2013

Dinner At Changi Airport With Phoebe

The two god siblings met up again when Max was back.

We decided to meet at Changi Airport so that it is easier for everyone and boy, was Max happy to see his god daughter again :)

We had a great meal and Ace was quite a dear.. he took care of mei mei and helped to refill our salads (remembering to bring extra dates for phoebe because he loves dates and thinks that Phoebe will love them too).

While we were queueing for a place in the restaurant.. saw and old uncle who started chatting with me.. he is in his 70s and still working just to keep active and I guess as his children are all grown up... nothing much for him to do but walk around, meet friends and talk to people..

He told me that he knows these two people who are personal friends of his.. who are super duper rich.. like live in Nassim Hill type of rich... and they are both SUPER HIGH FLYERS... as a result, even though they have two children... they are very seldom at home and the two kids spent so much time with the maid that they actually call the maid, "Mummy" and their own parents "Aunty" and "Uncle"

That in itself is already very disturbing to me...

But what is more disturbing is that the parents never correct their children, never reflect on the issue and continue to let them do that!

I hope this is not a true story because if it is true I will feel really sad for this family...

Anyway, after being apart for a little less than two months, it seems that both father and son have forgotten how to interact with each other... hahahaha... Ace leh, forgot his daddy's hot buttons and threw a tantrum in public and went to sit in corner and sulk and cry... Max leh, forgot that Ace is a cry baby and tantrum magnet.. (plus i suspect all the junk food he is eating and all the youtube and all the being alone at home cos I wasnt at home and his dad wasnt there made him a tantrum kid prone to volcanic eruptions.. not at all like his usual self in Dubai)

In the end, I had to intervene...

Glad all ended well when Ace won a bottle from the Changi Millionaire draw!:)

Something really cute happened lor. On the way home, I talked to Ace about how I did not like the way he behaved and how it was not right.. so we sort of walked behind the rest of people... and then my god daughter turned around and said to me, "Ganma, hold my hand..."

And so I let Ace go and held her hand... and she said, "Ganma, faster faster...."

And her mum was saying, "Wah, she so close to you now...."

I told her that it was because she thinks I was walking too slowly!:) wahahahah

But well, had a great time with her.. this age is very fun lor:)

Previous Post: Minions Galore

No comments: