Monday, September 22, 2014

Ace Gets HFMD!





I have always felt that Ace has been rather lucky to have NEVER EVER kenna HFMD before. I have attributed it to the fact that I feed him health foods daily and provide him with a relatively healthy diet.

But leh, NEVER say NEVER lor.

This Monday.. so super heng.. Kenna lor!

The night before, before he went to bed, Ace told me there a small bubble on his hand. I told him to go to bed first. We will check and monitor the situation the next day.

Alas, as it was a holiday on the last friday, I turned off my alarm (as I have not been sleeping very well for the past few days) and I forgot to turn ON my alarm again, I woke up with a start, only to realize that it is already 10 minutes away from when the school bell will ring!

Wah, never in my life have I seen Ace brush teeth, change into his clothes, eat breakfast and put on his shoes.. all within 10 minutes.

I thought it might be easier if his dad sent him to school and that he might reach school earlier.

Alas, his dad took longer to send him there due to bad traffic.

So chuanz.. And in my hurry I forgot all about checking on his bubble...

A few hours later, his chinese teacher called me and asked if I could pick Ace up as there were more and more bubbles appearing on his hands..

So leh, I went to pick Ace up and brought him to the doctor. Doctor said as the bubbles were mostly clustered around his hands and legs and not on his trunk, it is not chicken pox but is likely HMFD.

All in all, actually he had no more than 20 bubbles lor.. and so, Ace was given one week MC. He shiok lor.. like one week holiday like that. Everyday zzzz.. ask him do homework, he just lay on bed.. play...

Appetite also dam good...

Don't know if he understands the word "EXAM" or not leh.. one month away, got time still take it easy...

He is lucky lor. I think his HMFD is very mild. I asked him.. he siam this virus so many years... does he know why he kenna this time? I told him I think it is cos he drink alot of sugared cold drinks and weakened his immune system.. that is why.. haha

But leh, I is the very chuan lah.. one after another thing happen.. lao tian ye like dun want me to rest like that..

Find school... settle down in school... find house... shift house.. unpack... wedding.. wedding.. wisdom tooth extraction... HMFD...

At night, Max told me he also not feeling well.. and i chuanz.. heng he is only tired and felt much better after a nap.

Previous Post:  Observant Ace

Previous Post:

No comments: