Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Miss Lan Kwai Fong

 For the past few weekends, whenever we go out for a meal and ask Ace what does he want to eat, his reply is always... "I want to eat brinjal!"

Ace never used to like brinjal. When he orders a dish that comes together with brinjal, he will usually pick it out and pass the brinjal to us...

So I was really surprised and asked him, "You eat brinjal meh?"

"Yeah, I eat liao. I started eating just before we left dubai.."

So why is he eating brinjal again and again?

That is because at his favourite restaurant in Dubai called Lan Kwai Fong, we always order this favourite dish of his called Jia Chang Doufu.. and it is toufu stir fried with brinjal... and he says he misses LKF... hahahaha..

As I was detoxing, I was drinking soup all the time but poor Max had to eat brinjal every meal every day for a few days to satisfy Ace's craving! hahahaha...

I tried to recreate the dish again myself but without a recipe, it was tough for me leh... so I was not successful. I wish I can email Dai Gor (owner of the restaurant) and ask him to teach me how to cook the dish.. and also to tell him THAT I MISS HIS SOUP VERY MUCH! Hahahaha..

Cos when we visit, he always gives us a bowl of free soup! It is cantonese style boiled for many hours type of soup and is my comfort food in Dubai.. and it is one of the reasons why I frequent this restaurant at least once a week or once every two weeks when we werre living there!:)

Dai Gor, 我很想念LKF的食物!想念lychee ribena, 想念菠菜三色蛋,想念家常豆腐,想念你的炒米粉,想念粉皮还有你那用很多小时来才能做得那么“好味”的汤!

PS: That is Ace after he finished his meal.. very boh liao and trying to do XI, NV, AI and LE.. but they all look like the same cheeky face to me! hahahah...

Previous Post: Our House Has Good Fengshui!

No comments: