Sunday, October 22, 2017

Ace Cambodia Charity Trip

 Our Lions Club arranged to go to Cambodia for a charity trip and Max promptly booked a trip. Though he had promised Ace to bring him to Japan after his PSLE, he decided in the end to bring him to Cambodia in the end since it was more meaningful.


Ace was the youngest Lion... But I was told, he was no less great help :) Very proud of him!

Before the trip, they gathered lots of donated items to be given away to the children there...

Ace brought along his then BEST FRIEND-- Eevee... :) And I think she brings him great comfort... hahaha

Go out with his dad is dam shiok one.. eat good, play good...



But it was a super early flight.. hence the super tired face:) hahaha







Even can go Hard Rock and chill lor:)






THey even bought some games so they can play together if they got bored.



When his dad asked if he would like to go on this trip, Ace merely asked if he could go visit the Angkor Wat and his dad said yes. So he straight of said OK:) And so they really did spend some time there...



Old monkey...





Ace also brought along his camera to take photos...










Of course other than playing, he also did some work and helped to give out goody bags to the children in a village school they visited...







A trip of many firsts... I think first time on this type of boat..

First time they were on those "trains" which is just a piece of moving board. Ace said it was really scary cos you could fly off anytime. In fact, Aunty Diana fell off and injured her arm. But that did not stop her from continuing to do her best for the trip!



Time to zoh gang again..

And I really must commend him... Cos actually by Day 2 or 3, Ace started to suffer from diarrhea and has been a little unwell but that did not stop him from giving his all to serve:)

















THis is the "Train" I was talking about!

And coincidentally, that day they returned home... TV featured this "train" in a travel show..




Really scary...

I was just really happy to see Ace again after so long. The poor boy returned home and continued to LS for one week. I am certain that it was a memorable experience for him.

But when I asked him what was most unforgettable for him and what he learnt, he told me, "Most unforgettable ah... my phone fell off my bed and spoil lor... I learnt dun put phone under your pillow in the bed cos when you are so tired, you would not know if your phone fall off... "

LOL

BUT...

When his dad asked him the same question, he thought about it for 10 seconds and said it was visiting the village and that he learnt about how fortunate he was and what a joy it was to give...

Kauz... why I ask he give me that sort of answer? I console myself.. maybe he feel more at ease with me to tell me what he really feels and think... HAHAHAHAHAH...

Previous Post: Gong Gong's Birthday

No comments: