Thursday, March 15, 2018

First Visit To New House


I thought I should at least visit our new house a little after I got the keys... so after work, instead of heading home, I took a bus over to Bedok to look at our new place.





 It was exciting to come here for the first time. I asked Ace if he wanted to join me but he didnt. So I came alone..



 My everything also dun have house:) ahahha Only go ttoilet bowl..




 Living ROom..

 Kitchen...





I really had a headache because I had never done shifting of house or reno on my own before. To make things worse, Ace was in super emo mode because he knew we were shifting out of the same house as his dad.

It was really tough for me to be overseeing such a major project all by myself. It was the first time I was doing all these. I had to pack the things we wanted to shift, plan the reno, measure the house so I knew wat could fit where, clean the new house, buy all sorts of things, transfer stuff over,  arrange for movers and Ace looked as if it totally did not want anything to do with it.

Me measuring new house by myself...
I ended up having to do everything by myself because no matter what I did, Ace refused to come to this house or to help me with anything. Even I tell him outright that i needed his help, he also refused to help. Because I understood his pain, I let him be and just pushed myself on to do the best i could by myself. I also dun have alot of time to spare so I had to do the best i could.

The irony is.. though I never felt more alone, but I also never felt more loved or supported.

Lucky for me, I had alot of people who came and helped and poured their love into me and Ace and our new house during this period.... and to these people, thank you:


  • Elisa, my JCI sister, who passed me a bunch of furniture she preloved such as fridge, sofa and drawers, mixer and gave me lots of advice about renovation and what to do.
  • Jez and Zijian, who gave me a guideline of what to do and how to do it... and who stayed up for many late nights with me to talk about design lah.. choose colour schemes and materials to be used and brought me to IKEA and COURTS to do research
  • Da Ge Neo, my contractor, now friend, who really stepped it up to help me with completing the reno on time so that I could move in on time. He even sent me to Msia to buy lights so I could save money. He help me right.. still dun let me give him a treat.. treat me to kway tiao and even bought me "best duck in JB". And out of goodwill, he spent half a day in my house to help me put up the curtains that his daughter helped me order from Taobao. He also helped me settle my issues with my screed flooring and asked for discount from his various vendors for me.





  • Zhenwei, my colleague and brother.. .who also helped me drive boxes and what nots home. Who also drove us to IKEA for lunch and more research
  • My group of friends who came forth with gifts... washing machine lah, dining table, hot pot, auto vacumn cleaner, muji clock, TV, etc etc etc..

  • My mom and sis who also gifted tv console, coffee table and an oven to me
  • Sis AC and her husband William, who went shopping with me to research and helped me lug the drawers I bought from IKEA back to my new house.. it was no mean feat! And also helping me to buy the dining table, tv console and matching coffee table when I had no time to do it.
    Us having a cuppa before shopping in IKEA:)
  • Last but not least, many many thanks to Max... who generously paid for majority of the house and renovation so Ace and me have a roof over our head and our very own home as part of our divorce settlement. 

Previous Post: http://verityy.blogspot.com/2018/03/breakfast-at-hdb.html

No comments: