Sunday, March 11, 2018

My First Half

So my good sister, Jez, gave me this book as  a present. She said it is super apt for me.

The story is about this woman who got divorced in her late 30s and she was also a homemaker like me...and it was about how she stood up and and started to live he rlife in the most wonderful way.

Apparently, she says she has this book in her home bookshelf and it is a well loved book at home. In fact, when her sister heard I was going to divorce, she suggested giving their copy of this book for me to read...

But the side story about this is... as this is a chinese book, I was always reading a little bit at a time and it took me a long time to read it and over time, I had forgotten the exact title of the book. BUt because the storyline was mostly about what happened after the divorce, so I somehow got mixed up about the title.

When I was telling a friend about this book, I told him the book is called 我的下半生... and when I explained what the story is about, he laughed and told me, he tot it is a story of someone who was paralyzed from waist down.. or maybe it was some story about sex... LOL....

When I reached home and took the book out, I told him I had made a mistake.. title is actually 我的前半生... He laughed and said.. All my fault i made him misunderstood such a good book. LOL ;)

But well, regardless of what the title is... I am inspired to live my life well alone so that I have a good second half of my life:)

Previous Post:

No comments: