Friday, March 10, 2006

The Great Imitator


People always tell me to watch my actions and words in front of my son "Because you really dunno what he might pick up..."

So far, Ace has been unable to repeat anything I did.. when I clapped and asked him to clap.. he ignores me... or at best, smiles at me... when I wave and ask him to wave.. he smiles at me..

Yesterday, I left Ace in the care of Waipo and went to office for a short while..

My son was in a super good mood lor. He was smiley and active. The best part is that he only napped once for half an hour inthe afternoon.

When I came home, Waipo started to report to me about Ace's doings...

"Your son is very hyper today.." she says... and went on to described how he crawled all over the place and attempted to grab everybook tat came his way so tat he could tear out the pages...

"I fed him milk just now and got him to hold his own bottle..." Waipo told me proudly... before adding tat Ace managed to hold his bottle and drink till there was about 10% of the milk left inside and he probably became full and started to play with the bottle...

"He pulled the nipple in and out and kept laughing to himself.." she said...

And then when she tried to feed him water and let him hold the bottle himself, he took the nipple out, used his other hand to squeeze the nipple and squirt the water out while he opened his mouth to collect the water... once the water went into his mouth, he would slurp away happily and then laugh at himself..

I got a shock of my life as I listened because that is exactly what I do when I feed him water and he doesnt want to drink!

Ace has become the great imitator suddenly! Just in one day.. earlier on he imitated my "mmm mmm" sound with a crunched up face.. he imitated when waipo kicked her legs..

Okay people, no more nose digging.. no more swearing in front of my son! :) hahahahhah

VOTE FOR ACE!
Check: http://verityy.blogspot.com/2006/02/vote-for-ace.html for details
Ace current votes: 50 (click on the number to see latest updates)
Top Baby has 210 votes currently...
Ace current placing: 12/101
Countdown: 14 more days to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Power, you better watch what you say in front of my son...or you will be banned! stay 5m away from Ace! You terrible Auntie!