Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Paper Monster is now Plastic Bag Monster


A few days ago, I blogged about how Ace ate paper up like Cookie Monster in Sesame Street...

Today, my Paper Monster has graduated to become a Plastic Bag Monster.. SIGH....

The words "LUXURY BATH" probably bring up a picture of lingering baths in warm water in a bathtub in a spa somewhere in Thailand... you smell the fresh aroma of various essential oils.... you lie down and listen to the sound of birds chirping, the wind blowing and the sound of water flowing.... trickle trickle trickle...

To me, a LUXURY BATH would just be a normal one where I dun have to rush through shampooing my hair... where I have time to carefully clean myself... cos since Ace was born, I havent had much of a chance to bath slowly like in the past.

Nowadays, bathtimes are just a matter of pouring water over yourself, soaping and pouring more water over yourself.. rush rush rush to put on clothes and go back to Ace.

On good days, I get to bath a little longer while Ace is asleep or playing in the playpen. But sometimes, he refuses to play by himself and I am left with no choice but putting him either in his cot so tat I can bath in the masterbedroom toilet with the door half opened so tat I can:

Pour water... Peep through the door, wave and smile to Ace and say, "Look, Mummy is here!!" and try to finish my bath within the record time of like 2 minutes cos I am afraid he will climb out of his cot...

Alternatively, I put him in his highchair and left him outside the toilet while I bath with the door slightly opened so that I get to keep an eye on him. He gets bored quite fast so I have to hurry through this one as well.

Yesterday was one such day where Ace was happily seated on his highchair outside the toilet... and then I undressed and started to pour water over my hair.. and Ace started his stunt of pulling the plastic bags out of the plastic bag holder, which was unfortunately within his reach.

"Bah, i can pick those up and put them bag, just let him be bah.. since it keeps him entertained..." I was thinking to myself.. and so I continued to shampoo my hair..

And then just as my hair is full of bubbles and I wanted to show him the bubbles, to my horror, I saw my son picking out at SEVEN ELEVEN PLASTIC BAG, open his mouth, put it in, bite hard and pull the plastic bag away and chew the little piece tat is left in his MOUTH!!!!!

God! Paper I can tahan cos in case I cannot take it.. paper is just tree bark.. so to me paper is like vege... but plastic bag leh, wat if he chokes and dies?

But my head is full of shampoo and I am in my birthday suit and I can't rush out like tat can I? I was at loss wat to do... and was just stunned...

Thankfully, I recovered my wits fast.. i quickly rinsed my hair and put on my dirty clothes and then I tried to pry open his mouth to dig out the plastic...

But the harder I tried to pry open his mouth, the harder he tried to keep it closed...

I took biscuits out from the fridge and used it as bait to make him open his mouth.. he fell for it and opened his mouth but once my finger went in, he closed it tight again...

He continued to chew it and seemed to be choking as he was coughing...

I was at my wit's end....

And finally.. DING DING.. I remembered Jez Mama telling me, "If you want children to open their mouths, just PRESS their noses together..."

And that was wat I did...

I finally managed to dig out that piece of plastic...

PHEW.. I was so relieved and yet so angry at the same time... I scolded him and his him on his hands and he just shook his head and made some unhappy noises...

But all is well finally when I fed him more biscuits and gave him a drink of water...

Sigh...

So I went back to finish my bath...

So much for LUXURY BATH....

PS: Daddy and Me going Hwa Hin in June for holiday.. and ACE.. is NOT coming along.. hahahah.. yeah yeah yeah.. LUXURY BATHS, FULL NIGHTS' SLEEP, here i come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when u leaving for Hua Hin?

<*ANGEL*> said...

you just came back right? Fun or not??

Leaving in two weeks time..