Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rejection


I am in the business of rejection. In my line, not everyone wants to help themselves. Not everyone likes or trusts you enough to want you to help them and as a result, we get REJECTED. And boy, it can get painful.. especially if you get rejected straight in the face like 10 times consecutively...

Rejection is hard to take whether you are a newbie or a lao jiao in business. But over time, I have learnt to see it as a fact of life that happens we like it or not. Even world class top sales gets rejected and they were rejected by more people than I ever was.. and that is how they become top sales....

While it is one thing to get over being rejected 10 times consecutively (Yes, that's my personal record.. hahah.. I started out being lousy too..), it is quite another to be REJECTED by Ace. And that's because Ace is MY son...

Waigong has gone away after taking his progress package... For those who dunno.. i am a very lucky stay at home mum... tat's cos I have loving parents who cook lunch for me and Ace and bring it over (See, tat's the benefit of staying close to your parents)...

Waigong recieved his progress package and left for a tour to BK.. and thus, I am left with the task of cooking for Ace for a few days.

The last time Waigong went on a tour to genting, I had to cook for 2 days. Ace refused to eat my food and cried and cried... using double the time I usually use to feed him, he only finished half of his usual share.. I was a little upset cos it seems as if my food tastes really bad.

This time round, I am determined to do well and so I put corn, red dates, wolfberries, cashew nuts and carrot into the porridge I am cooking. It smelt so sweet and tasted very sweet as well...

Alas, Ace just cried and cried and refused to eat! I was so angry that he rejected my food. My cooking is that bad meh? But at least it is my effort mah.

I was thinking, "I work so hard to keep you happy, sacrifice my svelt body shape to continue breastfeeding you and the least you can do is to appreciate my efforts mah!"

So angry I was that I called Max to complain to him.

Day two, I decided to change menu and cooked potatoe, carrot and broccoli... he took t0 that much better and finished all his food but while I usually only take 20 min to feed him... meal times were a one hour affair..

I guess I was angry cos his rejection made it seem like Ace loved me lesser... but I guess i should take things in stride.. at least he ATE the food...

Anywayz, i have discovered the source of the problem. It seems that Ace does not like food if it is not grinded into pulp. Nope, cutting it into small pieces is not enjoyable for him at all because Waipo grinded his lunch today and he finished it real fast.... but dinner she did not and he took his own sweet time to eat...

And I discovered that Ace did appreciate my cooking and hard work and that his infinite love for me is still there. Cos he shit corn... whole bits of corn in his shit and it is 2 days since I cooked the corn porridge.

Sigh.. he must have felt uncomfortable that he had to swallow the corn WHOLE.. not to mention how uncomfortable it must be for him to shit it out... yes, he cried.. but he still continued to eat and he continues to kiss me, hug me and love me and not hate me despite the pain I put him through...

Sorry Ace.. mummy will learn to cook nicer food and will grind it before I feed it to you.. ok? ;) *kiss kiss*

1 comment:

Monky said...

ya..corn as a whole is not easily digested.
i also shitted corn b4..hahaa...