Sunday, August 06, 2006

Angel Yuaniro's Son


Have you ever been to the Singapore Science Center Omni Theatre?

I love the SSC! As a child, I enjoyed going there once or twice a year because all the science things would intrigue me so much.

I remembered that when I was in upper primary, the Singapore Science Center started their Omni Theatre.. it is a theatre whose screen is as big as the whole ceiling of the building and it is round. The first few shows I watched is Time Concerto.. and another one about a famous rock climber called Tony Yaniro (I think it is called To The Limit).

I remembered Yaniro well cos my Chinese name is Yuanru.. so Yaniro sounded like my name and my classmates teased me about it...

Well, Ace is one step closer to taking over Angel Yaniro in the BED climbing arena.. muahahaa...

Ace will try to and can climb up many things now. Waipo's table, the sofa, my bed, up the chair... Whenever he sees something higher, he will lift up his leg and try to climb it.... but before yesterday, I thought he didn't know how to get down.

My bed is rather high... when i stand up, the surface reaches about 3 inches above my knee... so to my surprise.. Ace suddenly climbed to the edge of the bed.

Not wanting to be overtly protective.. i just sat beside him and asked him what he wanted to do instead of pulling him away from the edge.

He was really right at the edge okay.. one more step and he might fall...

He looked at me.. and then he slowly turned himself around so tat his buttocks faced outwards.. and then he stretched out his leg and tried to touch the floor while he held on to the mattress.. and tatda! He was off the bed!

So clever right? I clapped for him and he clapped cos he was happy too.

However, later in the night when it was dark, I told Daddy about his stunt and when Daddy encouraged him to do the same, he would go to the edge, back away, go the edge, back away.. hahaha.. maybe having second thoughts about becoming a famous BED climber..

No comments: