Saturday, June 23, 2007

Meat


Speaking of meat. I finally found a good way to teach Ace not to eat meat.

Whenever we see pictures of dead carcesses (eg, dead fish, meat, dead chicken), I would point to the picture say to him, "Ace... blerhhh......" (vomitting sound) so that it shows him that it is disgusting to eat meat.

And then tell him, "So we cannot eat this.."

And then I would point to vegetables and do the "good" sign and then tell him, "We can eat this."

I repeated a few times without concern about whether the information went into his head or not.

One day, he found a Shop N Save pamphlet with a fish on it. He pointed to it and said, "Bleah....... No..........."

Next, he pointed to the prawn and said, "Bleah....... No..........."

I think he got it! Yeah!

Previous Post: Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if u tell him that way won't it be not very good when he does that to his friends when they are eating meat?

<*ANGEL*> said...

Is this Ah Huay? ;) Muahahaha...

Well, when he grows up, I will share with him more 'refined' ways of sharing about why it is important to NOT eat meat ;)

Meanwhile, I want him to get it first. To me, I feel that if he tells that to his friends AND if they listen to him, I will clap my hands because we would have saved one more chicken drumstick and helped tat fren become a little bit healthier ;)

Anonymous said...

You mean you will keep quiet when you see friends putting $%$# into their body? :)