Saturday, June 02, 2007

Trust


I found a novel and easy way to parent your child effortlessly!

TRUST.

Yeap. It is that simple.

During my 4 day workshop in Taiwan, our teacher, Chuck, talked about the importance of using trust to turn any situation around.

He said that he had two clients with the same problem.

The first one came to him and told him that his wife's best friend hates him and keep criticizing him. He asked Chuck what he should do.

"Just trust her. Trust your wife, trust yourself and trust that the situation will get better. Just put trust in the situation and put your trust in everyone involved."

The second guy guy that came next had the same problem.. tat his wife's best friend hates him. Chuck gave him the same advice.

"Just trust her. Trust your wife, trust yourself and trust that the situation will get better. Just put trust in the situation and put your trust in everyone involved."

And then a week later, both guys came to see him again for consultation.

The first guy says, "You wouldn't believe what happened to me! I listened to you and placed trust in the situation and my wife, her best fren and myself... so a few days later, my wife said she wanted to go out with her best friend and I let her go. When she came back, she told me that she had broken up with her best friend because her best friend was always saying bad things about me and she felt that this was bad for our relationship. Because our love is more important to her, she decided to break up with that so called best friend!"

The second guy came in right after and told Chuck, "You wouldn't believe what happened to me this week! I did what you said and placed trust in my wife, her friend, myself and the situation and about 5 days ago, my wife's best friend came home with my wife and started saying good things about me to me! Before I knew it, we became best friends over the last five days and now my wife's best friend is my best friend as well!"

So that is how simple it is.

Bringing this back to parenting, I would say...
If your child likes to cry, TRUST that he will stop
If your child doesnt eat his food, TRUST that he will soon eat his meals
If your child does not sleep early, TRUST that he will do so eventually
If your child is throwing tantrums, TRUST that he will stop as soon as you understand him and give him love.

To do that, just close your eyes and take 3 deep breathes, and then say aloud to yourself.. "I trust that my child will xxxx.. I trust that I will be able to help him xxxx... I trust that he will like to xxxx.."

Previous Post: 6 Days Away From Mummy

No comments: