Saturday, January 19, 2008

Deeksha Boy

You know, I have always suspected that Ace is someone who has high practice in spirituality in his past lives for a few reasons. (Even my mum agrees and thinks so)

Firstly, when I went back to one of my past lives during sessions with Uncle Chuck, I found out that Max used to be my fellow monk! So we made a joke out that Ace, in that case, must have been our MASTER! (Since he is effectively our 'boss' now ;) hahaha)

And then, of course, it MUST be a coincidence that we turned vegeterian and enshrined the gohonzon just before Ace was created and born.

What is more, he has always been taking to chanting and doing gongyo with my mother...

During my Restoration of Mastery Apprenticeship in India, Chuck and Lency would often play a piece of deeksha music that I really liked during blessing time.

A deeksha is kind of like a blessing from the heavens. If you are christian, it would be explained like some form of grace from the heavens. If you are scientific, it is just a transfer of energy to improve our nervous system and thus improve our health and personal well being.

The one that I like is called the Moola Mantra.. which simply put means invoking heavens or like inviting the gods to descend.

So when I came back, I tried to look for the music and when I found it, I was so happy I played it for Ace once. Sometimes I sang Ace to sleep in that music as well.. haha ;)

The interesting thing is that this morning when I played the deeksha music (the slow version with female vocals), Ace listened halfway and started SINGING ALONG TO THE LYRICS. Wah lau, I hear two times a day in india, one time a day in taiwan and one time a day during hanxuan's workshop also cannot remember lor. He can remember tune and lyrics!

And the best part is suddenly, no one taught him how to do it.. but he just waved his hands in the air like giving deeksha like tat! Hahaha....

Amazing!

Additional notes: I was typing happily on my computer when Ace came, touched the the speakers and sang the whole moola mantra out! There was no music to guide him or anything. I was just quietly typing...

PS: IN case you are curious about how the moola mantra sounds like, I found two versions that I like on YOU Tube.

Here is the peaceful, heavenly piece.

Here is the red, hot, fiesta western style piece.

PPS: I am not trying to religions or spirituality, I just think it is a very nice piece of music ;)

Previous Post: SEXY ZOO!

No comments: