Thursday, March 19, 2009

This is 5!










If my laomu sees this, she will surely scold me again:(

The other time, I blogged about how Ace had nothing to play at Yeye's house and eventually wanted to play with the mahjong set right?

Well, my laomu din read that but when Ace went over to her place, he told her that he wanted to play mahjong. Popo asked him who taught him how to play mahjong and where he learnt to play.. he said "Yeye's house lor..."

So my laomu came and 'scold' me and ask me why I exposed Ace to this sort of thing when he is only so young. But well, what could I say, it is my father in law leh... and anyway, I dun think it is a big deal at all. Gambling may not be a good thing but mahjong as a game is well, a game. We have a common friend whose parents are so against him playing mahjong but he is such an addict he can even come up with ideas like playing mahjong in an empty construction site so that his parents will not find out :)

I guess really it is how you expose him to it and what you say to him.

Anyway, Ace also likes to play the which card is bigger game using poker cards with Yeye.

After a few months in school, Ace has really started to pick up quite a few things. We noticed that he can now accurately tell Yeye who is the winner because he knows which number is bigger and which number is smaller.

Another important improvement is when Yeye points to the cards and asked him what number that is, he could accurately name it. "This is 5!" And he understands that 10 is more than 5.

Well, I am just glad he has made some improvement in his math ;)

Previous Post: Dr Ace

No comments: