Friday, May 27, 2011

Black Eyes Ace

We were playing catching at home that day and then leh, my good son ran into the bedroom and ran around on the bed in the dark... and suddenly, BOMB! Someone fell off the bed onto the floor....

He cried and cried and cried and cried.. which is unusual.. in my experience, children are actually very hardy and rarely cry or cry alot when they fall down and hurt themselves. Send them some love and kiss them a little and they are on their way... but leh, my son kept crying and kept saying, "very pain, very pain, very pain..."

So I quickly switched on the light and asked him to stand up by himself because I wanted to make sure he had no broken bones..

And upon closer inspection, I realized the corner of his left eye is swollen and looks a little blue black.. afraid that it might get very serious or there will be very bad blue black on his face.. I quickly applied some Eumora bar on it and then promptly used a towel to cover an ice cube to dab on his swelling...





Initially he kept saying it was very painful.. and still cried.. so I continued to ice it and continued to send alot of love to his bump.. and then after about 3 minutes, he became his original cheeky, happy self....


Phew.... heng ah!





That night when we slept, Ace asked if i can ask s0meone to board up his side of the bed so that he will not fall off the bed.. i asked him not to be ridiculous... he fell off the bed cos he was running on the bed in the dark... if he is lying down and sleeping, he wouldnt fall off easily.. he has slept on this bed for so long also never fall off... hahahaha..


The next day when I woke, first thing I did was to check the wound. No wonder he kept complaining it was painful.. apparently, there was some light abrasion on the skin at the eye lids. But leh, the swelling was gone and the injury was much smaller than I imagined it would be.. the blue black instead of a big patch over his eyes.. was just one small 0.3cm blue line at the corner of his eyes.. the line subsided and was gone in a few days.. PHEW....


Anyway, it made me realize that even though I was often at home in that week, Ace probably still wanted more time with me and so I made effort to play with him and he is ok again:)


Previous Post: Love! By Ace Chua

No comments: