Friday, July 22, 2011

A Very Honest Boy

The other day, when i was outside and on the way home, my son suddenly called me and asked me if I could call his teacher...

I asked him why do I need to call his teacher, he told me that his teacher gave him a last chance... and warned all of them not to say nonsense on the bus... she said that if anyone said nonsense, they will not be allowed to go home on the bus and would have to sleep in the school instead...

And my honest little boy said, "Can you please call my teacher and tell her that I tried but I still said nonsense on the bus.. I still said PI GU on the bus... can you ask her to let me go home on the bus?"

I really did not know how to answer to that. I couldnt tell him what I honestly thought.. that if he did not tell her, she would not know at all mah.... I also could not just call his teacher and tell her tat right.. seems so illogical and silly to me... I also felt like.. "Wat is wrong with the word PI GU???" it is not a bad word or anything like tat even...

So i tried to find out more... and it happens that in the first place, the teacher gave them an ultimatum because my son went to confess to his teacher tat he talked nonsense on the bus.

So I tried a different approach. I told him that he has to tell his teacher himself if he wanted to tell her because even if I was the one who called her and tell her, his teacher would say, "Ya, but I already give you a last chance and already gave a warning.." and there was nothing I could say to that.. so i couldnt really help him in this area... perhaps if he told her himself and was an honest boy, his teacher would give him one more chance...

I figured he was trying to get my attention and that was his way of saying "can you come home quickly.." and so I dropped it...

The next day when I picked him up from the school bus, he told me that his teacher gave him final chance... and did not punish him but scolded him abit.. "how did your teacher know?" I asked him...

"I told her lor.."

So I just told him that's good and dun forget to keep his promise to his teacher...

And then leh, a few weeks later, because of something else, I spoke to his teacher on the phone and then I finally found out what happened...

According to the teacher, the bus driver uncle Roy complained that when the boys in the bus started to talk about nonsensical stuff, they will laugh loudly and become really noisy and so it affects his driving.. so the teacher warned them not to talk nonsense on the bus or they will be punished...

And then leh, that day, everyone still continued to still talk nonsense on the bus till the bus arrived in school. The moment the bus stopped, everyone pretended to be guai and serious and walked into the school quietly. But in fact, according to the teacher, based on her "research findings" later, the whole bus was noisy and everyone was saying nonsense lah...

So everyone walked into the school quietly.. everyone except Mr Honest here....

Our honest little boy walked up to his teacher with a sad face and told his teacher, "I am sorry Teacher Jasmine.. I really tried my best to control but I still couldnt control and i said PI GU on the bus..."

So the teacher gave him a little chiding and then went on to make him group leader of the bus in charge of reminding everyone not to say nonsense and keeping everyone in check..

Wahhahahahahaa:)

PS: A few weeks later, Ace Chua called me while I was on the way home and this time, he begged me to bring him to say sorry to the uncle who owns the sweet shop that he took a sweet from when he was very young. I am surprised he remmebered that.. when Ace was three with no concept of money, he took a sweet from a sweet shop and ate it before I could stop him.. so I explained to him that he cannot do that as we have to pay for things before we eat them... and I forgot all about it but he still remembered it and he kept crying (with tears in his eyes) and said that he wanted to say sorry to the uncle who owned the shop. I told him I dunno who the uncle is and where is the shop cos I forgot liao... so leh, I did a role play where I pretended to be the uncle and he got to say he is sorry.. and then he was happy.. I asked my teacher wat to do and she said it seems that he is just a ultra sensitive kid who puts himself into other's shoes.. so it is really nothing to worry about... so I will just let it be.. I really have never seen such an honest person in my life! Even i am not THAT honest! hahahahahahhahaha...

Previous Post: Master Ace On The Power Of Hugs

No comments: