Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friends

They say no man is an island... and I agree...

I have always been surrounded by alot of friends. So has Ace. I can't say we are the most popular people in the world... but when I said I was going to relocate to Dubai, there were many many pple who told me that they would miss me.. and I am so used to having a huge network of close friends to bitch about things, gossip a little and just chill out together....

So is Ace. I have been watsapping her Kinderland teacher and she says that the whole class has been asking about Ace and when he will be back.. everyday, when she marks attendance and asks, "Is anyone not here?" They will say together, "Ace!" And then leh, when they go out and play, they will point out a car to the teacher and tell Teacher Elaine, "That was Ace's favourite car.."

If you ask me, the biggest hurdle about getting used to life in Dubai is the lack of friends. I know families are important and it is great we are a close knitted family with alot of love... but I think it is very very tough for me and Ace here.. reason being we do not have much friends here.

I think Ace feels it too because one the first weekend that we had gathering, he was sooooooooooooo happy to see someone else other than me and Max (back then he just started going to school) and he literally sticked to our friend, Adam. In fact, he enjoyed it so much that he asked me two days later when we could meet uncle adam again and whether we could celebrate mooncake festival with Adam over dinner...





Ace and Adam.. Ace brought all his barang to show off to Adam.. his angry bird lah, his walkie talkie lah...




The other day, Ace asked me why his life in Dubai is so boring because everyday after he is home from school, I will be busy making dinner and so there is no one to play with him.. after dinner, have to wash up lah, do this and that, ask him to do homework.. etc... so whenever he asks me to play with him, I can't.. especially those few days tat my stuff from Singapore has arrived...

I told him though that he is not in a position to complain.. cos relatively speaking, my life is even more boring than his.... At least, he is in a better position as he gets to go to school and while he only remembers the names of two classmates so far (I wonder why since he was a naturally popular person in kinderland and could tell me about his classmates and their names in a short time), I am sure he has interacted with tonnes of people.... Poor mummy only face four walls and talk to Max (who has been working lots of OT lately) and grumpy Ace (who is no fun to talk to because he is grumpy and rude). Also, he has tonnes of toys tat I shipped over for him.. Mummy only has her online movies and her online movies.. tats it... (tat's why I am keen to buy karaoke and kinect. wahhahaha)

Anyway, I told Max I have to meet some friends for dinner like once a week.. if not I will go crazy... I just need to talk to some other pple... (Today is not so bad since I msned with Steffy and my sis and talked to my parents and grandma over skype) I even suggested he invite his drinking kakis over to our place for drinks just so that I can get to have some fun too...

Anyway, I really miss my sisters and our sister time... my real sister Clari.. my bestie Karen, my MCI sisters GH, KP and Linda, my POV sisters and brothers..especially Jo and Steff and Veron, my shi zi lu kou kakis TK and Jez.. HAI.. in one word, I really miss all of you lah..

Thankfully, I made a few new friends in Dubai liao... and some of them are girls too:) hehehe... Someone linked me up with some Dubai taitais but I havent had a chance to meet up with them yet as I am still bz settling down...

Tomorrow is PTA in Ace's school... maybe I will get to know one or two mummies too:)

PS: I am friendly person but I take time to really become close to a person.. so in tat sense I am quite kor tak... so maybe tat is why I dun have MORE friends in Dubai yet.. wahahaha...

PPS: As I type this, I have two visiting friends who are here to visit me. It is such a wonderful experience to have them here with me in Dubai... provide me and Ace with company and laughter and made the fact that max is not around so much easier for me... HUGZ:P

Previous Post: http://verityy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ph-is-for-phoenix.html

No comments: