Tuesday, September 20, 2011

PH Is For Phoenix


The other day, we were preparing to go to bed when my son suddenly informed me that his teacher had given them some homework..

That startled me because it was bedtime liao and I did not see anything written in his SOS book..

Ace explained to me that the homework was that they had to discuss with their parents and come up with words starting with PH having the "ph" sound....

So I gave it a thought and immediately came up with the most common word starting with ph.. "Phone..." And immediately after that, my mind drew and instant blank.. try as i might, I just couldnt think of any other word tat starts with PH...

At this point, Ace excitedly told me, "Phoenix!"

"Wah, your teacher already went through with you in school is it?" I asked Ace..



"No, I came up with this myself!" he told me happily...

I was really impressed lor... I mean, never in a thousand years will I come with the word Pheonix lor... I couldn't even think of one more word starting with PH and my son comes up with this really difficult and rarely used word...

"YOu are very good leh.." I told him as I high fived with him..

But then, I was not so impressed when subsequently, he said to me, "You know mummy, there is also a Phoenix in Beyblade..."

Chey.. no wonder he knows Phoenix.. and then he quickly came up with another word, "Phonics..." And after thinking about 5 minutes, I finally remembered the word, "photo"..

After that, I lazy liao lah.. I flipped my iphone, went to google and typed, "Words that start with PH" and tada, got one whole list of words lor... Phyisical, Physiological, Photograpy, Phi, Phot, Phase.... I never knew there were so many words that starts with PH!:)

Anyway, it ended with an even score, me coming up with two words and Ace coming up with two words.. hehehe:)

Previous Post: Juice!

No comments: