Saturday, June 09, 2012

Dubai Irish Village

Not bad.. 10 mths in dubai but there are still places that I have not visited before..

The other day, Max suddenly decided to bring me to this new place to eat.. it is called The Irish Village... it is  a quaint little place that is a restaurant and a pub... the atmosphere is a little like Timber.. but the decor is very irish:) Really nice.. for a while, I forgot I am in Dubai and thought I am in Singapore or even Ireland!:)



The non-smoking area that we were sitting in was decorated with pics and sayings of famous Irish poets or authors..

Max is very happy cos he feels very at home here.. hahah:)



Ace is hyper lor.. trying to flip the coasters and do what he calls "magic"...

Unfortunately, the thing about going to an irish place is tat there is seriously a lack of vegeterian food available.. Luckily, Ace was pretty happy to have eggs and chips with baked beans...

I had a fish and chips... and it has been almost 10 years since I last ate fish and chips! Nice!:)

Max shared some of my chips and ate more sides since he was quite full...

Then Ace saw this and shouted "xxxx Yeats!" I learnt about him in school! Apparently, Ace's school has a on going project where they learn about one famous person per week and he is one of the people that he learnt about.. other than the fact that Yeats is a famous and established poet, I dun really know much about him.. so I asked him what does he know about him...

Ace stared at the picture thoughtfully and told me.. "He is a famous poet.. and he is very poor.. during the war, he used candles to light up his room... he is also very patient.." And that was when I was thinking that something must be wrong somewhere...

"How do you know he is patient?" I asked him.."I look at the picture and he looks very patient to me.." Ace said...

"What did you say his name was again?" I asked Ace.. thinking that something is wrong somewhere... "Warner Bros Yeats!" He declared gleefully... I luffed until pat tor tiah lor!

WB= Warner Bros??!! He doh ji kok one??

And then I realized that all the things that he was describing was how he observed from the picture! When I googled for WB Yeats, we discovered that the only thing Ace got correct is that he is a famous POET cos Yeats is by no means POOR:) I dunno if he lights candles or is patient though.. the wikipedia article din say.. wahahahaha:)

Anyway, talk of poetry got Ace into a poetic mood and he started making up poetry just like tat! I was so struck by his brilliance cos it was a beautiful poem called Sun In The Sky...  in attempt to remember this wonderful poem, we asked Ace to do it again.. Alas, he couldnt remember what he just said and so he just tried to do another one.. But the second one (that max jotted down) was not as good as the first one though... the first poem rhymed and ended with a beautiful prose...

But no fish prawn also good lah.. so here goes Ace's poem..

Sun in the Sky - Ace Chua
"The sun is red, yellow and orange mixed in the sky.
The heat of the sun is all around you, and it feels like touching the sun in earth.
The sun is round and really hot.


Anyway, there is a shop beside the restaurant tat sells all things irish and I figured from the huge amount of Guinness stuff they have inside (slippers, shirts, books, etc) Guinness must come from Ireland..

Saw a beautiful fridge magnet tat I think is very suitable for Max.. wahahahah

This one had Ace laughing... cos it is a leprechaun showing off his Ass Crack with the words "The Craic's Mighty" written below... I think it is a word play on the sound of the word CRAIC.. which means something like having fun or having a good time with friends and booze... loosely translated, it means a great party.. hahaha.. but I think Ace finds it funny because he thinks the leprechaun is saying tat his ass crack is mighty:;)
Anyway, it is a nice place and I really wouldnt mind coming once in a blue moon:) Would be even nicer to come during winter when we can sit outside and have a cup and chat with friends:)

Previous Post: Sushi Again

No comments: